just friends (trittany)

of course they weren't dating. that would be insane; right? despite of those feelings both, Trevor and Brittany, have been having, it would just be insane to date someone whom you're in an on screen relationship with.
that just wouldn't work out.
yet no one could deny the magnetic tension between them, whenever they were together.
it wasn't awkward or something, it was just an undeniable bond they seemed to share; which got even more undeniable over the last few months.
no one spoke it out loud, but it was like a rule; to their friends; they belonged together, everyone knew that. but they didn't want to push them. they needed time.
the two of them were standing in the huge room, in which the season four wrap party of the next step was held. trevor was just telling a joke to brittany who was standing really close to him; to fix his tie, of course, no other reason why. yet the closeness of their bodies caused both of them to feel butterflies in the pit of their stomachs.
"okay, all done." Brittany said, her voice was sweet and rather quiet, as she looked up at Trevor, who was smiling widely at her.
"thanks." he replied, his smile grew wider; if that was even possible.
his eyes scanned her, while she was looking around, waving to someone, probably some of their co-stars. she looked gorgeous. her dress fitted her perfectly, the heels made her a little taller than she usually was, though she would still need another head to even reach the same height as his'.
Trevor was at a loss of words, honestly, if she was about to talk to him right now, he couldn't bring out any more than a mere blab, maybe a wow.
thankfully, she didn't say anything, so he wouldn't make a fool out of himself in front of her. she just smiled at him, which caused him to smirk a little, which on the other hand made her blush lightly, and caused her to look down at their feet, before she smiled back up at him.
moments later they were thrown out of their thoughts, as frank and some of the producers started some speech, they both turned around to face the stage the others, now speaking, were on. though, neither one of the two of their minds could grip any word, or process what the people on stage were saying; their minds were too occupied with the person next to them.

a few hours later, Trevor was sitting with Isaac, Lamar and Devon on some table, the girls had left to either go to the restroom or dancing. Trevor emptied one glass after the other, but that wasn't anything he couldn't handle. he paid attention not to overdo lately. he knew how it made him like, and he didn't want Britt to see him like that.
his eyes travelled around the room, and he smiled widely as he saw Britt with Victoria and Sam, dancing to the song that was pumping out of the speakers.
most of the younger cast members were gone by now, as it was around two am, and their parents had left long ago as well, leaving the cast members and some of the choreographers, along with a bunch of dancers, all around Trevors age, take or leave two or three years. the room was still packed though.
he turned back to his best friends, and started to talk about whatever topic they were on right now. this night was amazing, he thought to himself, before he downed another glass.
on the other side of the room, Brittany was dancing with Victoria and Sam, the small amount of alcohol she consumed already, pumped through her blood, and gave her a little more confidence, making the fun she had with her friends more intense.
seconds later she felt someone grab her by her arm, gently. her eyebrows narrowed, before she saw that it was one of the new co-stars of the show, and she smiled lightly at him. "hey." she said, ready to turn around again, to dance with her friends again, but he still held onto her arm.
"let's take a picture. I set it as my goal to take pictures with the whole cast today." he smiled at her, before turning to Victoria and Sam. "you guys are next, just so you know." this earned him a laugh from both of them.
"sure, let's." Brittany said, before she followed him to one of the benches, and posed for the picture that was taken by one of the choreographers.
meanwhile, trevor downed his next drink, the countless one today, and he felt his senses heathen. everything seemed more intense.
his eyes scanned through the room, his whole persona was calm, as he smiled at some of his friends, before his face expression turned from happy to furious in the matter of a moment.
on the other side of the room, Brittany was sitting on a bench with one of the new cast members, his arm around her, and her sitting really close to him. Trevor could tell that it was for a picture, but due to the drinking his senses got more intense. at a sober state he would just shrug it off, trying to control his jealousy, but with the amount of alcohol he has already consumed tonight, he knew that his reaction is going to cause chaos.
the worst thing about drunk Trevor was that you didn't notice he was drunk from the way his voice sounded or from how he was walking. you could only notice once he would either act out, or break down. there was no in between with him.
"I'll be right back." he murmured to his friends, who didn't notice what happened. yet. then he got up and walked through the crowded room, over to where Brittany and that guy were sitting.
"y'all having fun?" he asked, his voice was stiff and rater rough, which caused Brittany to look up at him, worried.
"what's wrong..?" she replied with a question, getting up.
"nothing, I simply wanted to know if you and your little friend here are having fun." his voice was stiff, causing Brittany to look even more worried. it was only when the smell of bourbon and cigarettes hit her a few seconds later, that she knew what was going on with Trevor.
"it's not what it-" she started off, her hands moving up to his chest, trying to calm him down.
she knew what he could get like when he was jealous. it happened already. more than once. he would never admit that he was jealous though; he would always say that he saw how, whoever was getting too close to Brittany, seemed to want to hurt her, and he just wanted to prevent that from happening.
she didn't expect it to be any different this time. which made her a little sad, but she didn't confront him about it. she knew he didn't want to be pushed.
and although the two of them weren't officially dating or together, Brittany felt the need to assure him that this was nothing he needed to worry about. it was unspoken law; also to the two of them, that they kind of belonged together.
her attempt to calm him down got cut off when Trevor spoke up again.
"bet you couldn't wait, huh?" he spoke, now addressing the other guy directly, who looked as helpless as ever. after all, all he wanted to do was take a picture with the cast. but it would be useless to try to explain that to Trevor at this state.
he removed Brittany's hands from his chest, and stared down at her, before he turned around to leave, Brittany's voice stopped him though.
"why are you acting like this, Trevor?" she asked, her voice was stiff too now, as she walked a few steps closer towards him. yet there was enough space between the two to fit a few other people.
"why am I acting like this?" Trevor turned around to her now, a laugh followed his words, not many people were paying attention to them before, but they were now, that was for sure. mainly because their voices were louder than the music at this point. "I'm acting like this because I'm in love with you." he added, louder than before, causing everyone to stare at him in disbelief.
it was obvious before, but now it was confirmed, and spoken out, which made it more real.
Brittany took a step back, in surprise, her eyes widened.
"wh-what?" she asked, her voice was quiet, but audible to trevor.
that was the moment he realized what he had said a few seconds before.
both of them stood there, not moving one bit, but both of their hearts beat like crazy.

- I'll do a second part to it aha

the next step au'sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara