angel (jiley)

//this is based on this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yTDeTnDfc (angel - the weeknd) and basically its in james' pov okok idk if its a little confusing but yeeeeeeh ill try and this is also kinda mature; not in the usual sense, but it is addressing a lot of mature topics, so if you're not comfortable with it, don't read please!

James woke up all of a sudden in the middle of the night. The full moon was shining through his hotel rooms window, practically filling the whole room into a soft blue tone, and he could see everything almost perfectly.

Except the fact that the whole room was covered in smoke. That was the only part James hated about smoking, but apart from that, everything else was satisfying to him. It wasn't healthy, or brought any benefit to him, but he didn't care much about that.

His band and he made it to the finals of a really popular show in the US last year, and ever since then, their success went through the roof. They were booked in each town, giving sold out concerts almost every day, people were screaming their names, and they couldn't save themselves from girls anymore.

Not that they would mind; they were guys in their early twenties, girls and a good party were the only things they cared about right now.

Though, right now, there was only one girl, that James cared about. Riley.

They knew each other for years already, and started dating way before James got successful. And that was the only way he wanted things to go like. He knew she only wanted him for him, and only cared about him; unlike the other guys, who went through numerous relationships ever since the band got successful, and in the end only learned that the girls liked them because they thought they would end up getting something out of it later on.

James wasn't about that life. He loved the attention, but as soon as it came to actually relying on someone, he knew he could count on Riley.

Although he changed a lot ever since the band got successful.

He started drinking, smoking, doing drugs too, sometimes; if he was in the mood. Riley disapproved of it, and she tried to talk him out of it; but after a while, after she saw that it didn't really made him stop, she just asked him not to do all the hard stuff in front of her.

She just wanted him to be happy. James knew that.

He was staring at the curtains that were hanging in front of the window, as his attention got caught up by a noise. A slight, quiet, soft snoring, that came from behind him.

It was his girlfriend, wrapped up in a thin blanket, her short pj shorts and her tank top, hugged her body perfectly as he looked behind him, the light of the moon shining onto her.

Her hair was messy, and she had her mouth a little opened, as she slept; but she looked perfect to him. Like an angel.

He knew that he was no good for her.

He did things that his normal self would never let anyone do around her. He hated himself for dragging her along in this whole mess. This whole band thing. It made his life somehow more interesting, but on the other hand, sometimes he wished that it would have never happened.

Just so that he could have his old life with her back. When his whole life revolved around this girl sleeping next to him.

But James knew that there was no turning back; only time would tell if their relationship was strong enough to get through this thing.

His twenty-second birthday would be in a few weeks, and he planned to get a surprise for her. Yes, it was his birthday, and normally people were supposed to give him gifts for it, but if this would go well, then it would be the biggest and best thing he could achieve.

He was just not sure if he should really pull it.

Maybe they were not ready for it yet.

The amount of times James ended up hurting her, and letting her down, and dragging her down with him, were speaking another language.

But in the end she always seemed to bring him light.

Each time James thought he was on the edge of falling, and never being able to get up again, she came along and dragged him out of the dark.

He fully turned around to her.

He knew that without Riley he would be nowhere he was now. And he thought it was unfair. How he dragged her along; pulling her more into the darkness, when she was the purest thing on earth; at least in his eyes she was.

A sigh escaped his lips as his eyes roamed around her face.

One day; he hoped so; she would get what she deserved. Whether it was from him or from someone else. He hoped that she would find somebody to give her what she deserved.

James wished that it would be him, more than anything, but even if it wouldn't be him.. he would somehow accept it, if only she was happy.

All of a sudden, she moved closer to him, still asleep, cuddling her small frame into his', causing him to smile lightly, as he wrapped his arms around her.

// this is rly short and all but the song gave me so many feels sO