miami nights (jiley)

//this one shot is based on the sequence in the trailer where jiley is supposedly dancing at a restaurant, and this is kinda my headcanon about what is happening in it.

It was three days before Internationals would start, and The Next Step just arrived in Miami a day ago. They have been inspecting the area, in which Internationals was being held.

Somewhen while walking through town with the guys, looking for a store where they could buy new sneakers, James' eyes got caught on a small fancy restaurant.

It was closed right now, but James could tell that it was the perfect place to take Riley out for dinner.

Although they have been going through some rough times lately, the two of them made it through the whole mess. Like always. But that wasn't any surprise anyway.

Ella tried to mess with them, in the worst way possible, but thankfully they have managed to find out what her plan was before she could cause any real damage.

After they all bought their new sneakers for the rehearsals, because somehow all of the guys managed to forget their rehearsing shoes at home, they went into the hotel, where the girls would be too.

James jogged down the hallway to the room Riley was sharing with Michelle and Giselle, and knocked on the door, praying that his girlfriend would be opening the door.

And just as if someone was listening to his prayers, Riley opened up, a huge smile grew on her face as she saw James in front of the door.

"He-" She started off, but got cut off by him kissing her, a smile formed on his face, but he pulled away a second later, as he heard a load of complaints from inside of the room.

"Jileys at it again. How about you guys get yourself a room?" He heard Thalia from inside, and his eyes widened as he saw all of the other girls there too.

"You guys are here too." He stated, nodding lightly. His smile faded a little, before his eyes travelled back to Riley's face.

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" He asked, but kept on talking, without waiting for her answer. "Don't have any? Good. Because I am taking you somewhere tonight. Be ready at eight, I'll pick you up." He smirked down at her, his hands burying in his pockets as he spoke.

"Okay." She dragged the word out, smiling widely up at him. "May I know where you are taking me?" Riley asked.

"No, you may not. I'll see you later." He quickly said, placing a short kiss on her cheek, before he jogged back to his room, smiling back at Riley as he was halfway down the hallway, as she was still standing in the door, before she slowly closed it.

It was exactly eight pm, as James walked out of his hotel room, leaving the guys behind in it. He was sharing a room with West and Eldon, who got ready too, as the rest of the troupe was going out to party tonight. They didn't want to stay home as Jiley was going out.

James knocked on the door, pulling his black dress shirt into place under his black vest.

He wasn't all too fancy, though it might be considered somehow fancy, if you'd compare it to what he was normally wearing.

As soon as the door opened, James mouth basically dropped and his eyes widened at the sight of his girlfriend.

She was wearing a blue cocktail dress, her hair was done up, and she had black heels on. She looked breathtakingly beautiful.

"Wow, you look.. wow." He stuttered, still looking wide eyed at her.

"Good adjective choice. You look wow yourself." She replied, chuckling lightly, as she stepped out of the room.

A little while later they were sitting in the restaurant and had their food in front of them, both almost done with it.

It was a great date, just like it always was with these two.

And just like James thought, the restaurant was amazing. And Riley really liked it as well. In fact, she loved it.

It had a Latin American theme, so did the music they were playing, which James really liked.

"Let's dance. Come on." James said, as soon as they both finished their meals and the waiter took their plates off of their table.

"Here?" Riley asked, a little anxious, looking around them.

"No ones dancing though. Is that even allowed?" She added slowly.

"I'm sure no one will mind if we dance a little." James chuckled, getting a hold of Riley's hand, who was still resistant about this.

"Are you sure? Isn't it a little.. embarrassing?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows a little.

"I'm with you, don't worry, Riles." James said, smiling warmly at her, which made her kind of confident in herself, and she got up with him, the two of them walked hand in hand onto the middle of the small dancefloor, that barely had room for one couple.

James placed his hand onto Riley's waist, holding one of her hands in his other one, the other one of her hands on his shoulder, and they slowly started to move their hips along with some Spanish song.

The dance started off as slow and kind of shy, but as further the song went, Riley warmed up to it, and the whole dance got more intense, including a lot of hip movement, and the two of them moved closer and closer to each other.

They ended the dance with a dip, and Riley looked up at James, who was smiling brightly down at her. The people that were sitting around them, were all clapping for them, which made Riley feel confident in herself.

She was actually glad that she agreed to the dance.

Without James, she wouldn't have ever even gotten the idea of dancing in some restaurant, in front of random people. He challenged her. She loved him for that.

James picked her up again, pulling her close to himself, as the two of them smiled widely at each other, their chests rising and lowering a they breathes heavily.

But this time, surprisingly, Riley was the one pulling James into a kiss. Normally she was too shy to kiss him in front of even their friends, as she didn't want the others to see her like this. She was different when she kissed him. Much more fire and passion in her persona, but right now she felt confident enough to do it. Even in a room full of strangers.

James smiled into the kiss, pulling Riley closer to himself, both of his hands roaming around her lower back and hips.

Then they pulled away, both still smiling at each other.

"How about desert, now?" Riley asked, chuckling lightly, which made James laugh as well.