Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

There was the sound of a twig snapping off in the distance and the vampire sprung into action, he bolted away from the scene running straight towards me. Instinctively I threw my hands in front of my face to block the blow of a vampire retreating at full speed but the creature ran right through me as if I was made of air alone.

I gasped and clutched my stomach to assure myself that I was actually all there, how had that happened? My eyes darted over to Lysander to confirm that I wasn't losing my mind but she was knelt beside the woman who surprisingly was not dead.

She smiled fondly down at the woman and when she reached down to caress the terrified girl's face, her hand simply passed through the pregnant woman's body just as the vampire had through me.

"Don't be afraid, Olive. They cannot see us." She quietly informed me and her words beckoned me closer. I peered over her shoulder and instantly I gasped, the pregnant woman who was sprawled across the floor in a pool of her own blood was Lysander.

Lysander placed her hands against the grass and closed her eyes, "We are in my mind, this is one of my memories that we are walking through. This is the moment everything changed." She inhaled deeply before she stood up, "Changed for the both of us."

My heart dropped and so did my eyes, my gaze instantly landed on the pregnant woman's belly--on Lysander's stomach. That was me?

I took a step backwards as my mind raced a million miles a minute, struggling to process this new information. I didn't have to tackle it alone for long however, Lysander was keen to narrate what I'd just witnessed.

"I was a human, Olive. I was a human when your father met me." She glanced one last time over at herself on the ground before returning her full attention back to me. "These were our last human moments and we shared them together, Olive."

Bursting through the trees, my father emerged and ran to Lysander's aid. I wanted to cry and run to him, it was so good to see his face again but I knew it wasn't real.

He fell to his knees beside her just as a scream tore through her body, she clawed at her stomach and blood began to run down her legs. She was giving birth.

"Your father and I were both human at the time of your conception. You were supposed to have a normal life, but fate had other places for us all. I was forced into labor while going through the transformation from human to vampire. I gave birth to you, a beautiful baby girl; however with combination of vampiric venom in my system at the time we didn't know of you would survive." Lysander looked over me, her red eyes taking in every feature.

"Your father was attacked randomly by a rogue wolf a few days after your birth, the Pack that claimed the territory in which the attack took place assumed responsibility and welcomed you and your father in to their way of life. He explained to them what had all taken place in the short time after your birth but they would not allow me in so I left to allow you and your father the best possible chance at life. The pack welcomed you and your father and treated the pair of you as one of their own."

I was at a loss for words as I stared down at my palms. Just beneath this skin flowed blood that was not entirely human, not entirely werewolf and not entirely vampire yet at the same time all of them simultaneously.

Lysander sensed my confusion, "You are a vampire-human hybrid, Olive. There is nothing to fear, nothing about your life has to change with the knowledge of this, you've already lived eighteen years with it."

Olive! Olive! Olive, wake up!

I blinked slowly and pressed my hands to my head, "I'm not feeling so good." I moaned softly and twined my hands through my hair as the screaming intensified.

Olive! Please, wake up! Come back to me!

My vision blurred suddenly and the forest scene shifted back into the darkness of the room I originally found myself in.

I was torn away from the crystal, arms encircled around my waist and pulled me to the far end of the room. "Olive, are you alright? What happened?"

It was Matteo.

He held me so tightly against his body but I didn't care, I threw my arms around his neck in return and I never wanted to leave. Tears streamed down my face and he was quick to push my hair aside and catch my tears with his attentive hands.

I looked over his shoulder from his embrace and saw the door was ripped off of its hinges, I was too tired to wonder too deeply about how he got here. I was too tired to think about anything really, I just wanted to sleep.

I was tired.

So cold.

He gathered my hair and pushed it off of my neck to diminish the space between us even more and almost instantly Lysander gasped from across the room.

"You fool, what have you done to her?" Lysander screamed manically, "You've sentenced my only child to death!"

I turned ever so slightly within Matteo's cage like arms and realized that her eyes were locked onto my gruesome mark that was now painfully visible as Matteo had exposed my neck. It took me a moment longer but I too began to come to the same conclusion.

I was a human. I was a human who was born in the middle of a vampiric transformation, which meant some of that venom was within me somewhere as well.

Matteo bit me as an attempt to get me to turn into a werewolf when he learned that I was human.

A werewolf bite was lethal to a vampire and I just discovered that I was part vampire. Which only meant one thing...

I was dying.

Fun.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

we were back at 55 on the charts :))) thank you a million times over

friends...who should play lysander??? like when you read her parts who pops into your mind?? ugh someone pls help a sister out bc all i think of is cate blanchett and idk if thats THE one you feel me?

next update = 3.7k votes

xxq