Twenty Six

James PoV

If it be a girl, she shall be called Anna-Louise. If it be a boy. Why I would call him George, after my grandfather.

"Sire? What do you think?" Lord Welshum asks breaking me from my daydream.

"About what?" I snap looking up annoyed.

"The agreement with Spain sir. The king wants you married this week, along with a troop of soilures to help him protect his southern boarder from barbarian raids." He explains.

"Oh, I see. Well send the troops and I'll discuss with the princess of wedding dates." I resolve. "If that is all for today, can you fetch the princess and we shall discuss dates now"

The old man bows and walks away. I never liked the Lord, always thought that just because he was close to my father, he believes he can be close to me.

Dear Elenore.

I have thought of some names. If our child be a girl, she shall be called Anna-Louise. And if our child be a boy, he shall be called George after his great grandfather, who was the most honest,kindest and bravest man I know.

Love, James.

I folded up the paper quickly and open a random book from my shelf. I slip the note into a random page and ring for a servant to deliver it directly.

"You sent for me?" A Spanish accent asks from behind.

"I did. I have received news from your father. He wants an immediate wedding. And didn't want to wait any longer for it." I explain.

"Father can be so demanding" she blushes. "What do you suggest? He sent me with a wedding gown and so all we will need to prepare is the events." Sh explains.

"Consider it prepared, shall we say in a week?" I ask tucking my hands behind my back.

"Alright" she smiles. "I'll get to work organising it"

"Feel free to involve the household staff. Ms Gregson, will be able to find you anything you desire."

"Thank you." She smiles softly. "Is that all?" She asks softly

"No, why don't we sit down for some tea and then we can get to know each other"

"Alright" she replies softly. That's all she seemed to say to me, Alright and Thank you. She was the perfect princess, most likely sarrounds by governesses, piano teachers, painters and staff. She seemed agreeable enough.

She just wasn't Elenore.

Elenore PoV

I was resting Infront of the fire as the doctor was noting down my health.

"Everything looks to be in order. How is your morning sickness?" He asks looking up.

"Not too good I'm afraid. Managed to keep my food down today but it gets bad at night" I ecplain.

"Ahh, I see. It should stop soon. But different women have different symptoms" he smiles sadly

"Thank you Mr Gernard" I smile back. "You know it's nice to have a familiar face around this place. Makes me realise that this is not a nightmare, and that it's my life" I mumbled. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offload my problrms off on you. I appolgise" I shut my eyes quickly realising what I've just said. Looking at his face, reminded me of the days we would talk in the orchards back home.

"Don't appolgise Elenore, not to me at least. But aren't you happy with your life here?" He asked closing his books and giving me his full attention.

"I just thought it would be more simple. I was just supposed to get married have children and done. I never thought of a life beyond that"

"Your not happy with your husband aren't you? I mean I saw you two together before the marriage. You looked happy. But now... Well but now you looked like a trapped songbird" he tilted his head studying me.

"I feel like a trapped song bird. I was just in a rush to get it all over with that I didn't stop to think about what I wanted" I drift my gaze away from his sympathetic one.

"You don't seem the same here as you were back home. But I hope that isn't because of a lack of happiness." I finally meet his gaze. "Gives me hope to think I could have been right for you" his cheeks turn a soft pink.

I doubt that, I think to myself "Please show yourself out Doctor" I smile laying down.

These days I just felt exausted. I haven't done anything all day but I feel as if I have been wearing my petty costs and corset while running.

A knock on the door wakes me and so I stand up and call for them to enter.

"from the king my lady" he smiles handing me a book.

"Thank you" I smile taking the book to  look at it. A Encyclopedia of the Natural World.  I frown, James likes to give me weird books but never have I shown an interest in the natural world.

I open the book and skim through the pages of notice a note wedged into one of the pages. I pull it out and open it.

I smile softly, they are beautiful names. I toss the paper into the flames watching it be consumed. "Hello sweetheart" Luke's voice announces.

"Hello Luke, how was your day dear?"  I add, he didn't seem to be in a good mood this afternoon.

"It was good and yours? I heard the doctor came by" He asked

"He did, and he said that he expects the sickness to be done before too long" I smile very happy to hear that.

"Good to hear, just next time dear, wait for me to be here with you when you meet with the doctor"

"You are just so busy Luke. I didn't want to be a burdan. Besides I know the good doctor, he would never do anything injust" this man was as confusing as my freanh governess, who's words were draped in a thick freanh acsent.

"Elenore, don't do that. Don't make me into the bad one here. I just don't like you being alone with men. You weren't exactly virutueus when we wed" he snapped.

"Now that is not fair. I told you everything even before I knew of your intentions of marriage. You married me knowing that I slept with the king" I snap.

"Ohhh, so have to slept with the doctor too Elenore?" He mocks.

"How dare you! How dare you!" I spit standing up. "I am going to forgive you as being tiered Luke. Sleep well because I will not sleep next to you tonight" quickly I walk towards the door.

"Don't leave this room Elenore, you are my wife. And you will obey me. And perhaps I will forgive your disobedience" he lifts his eyebrow almost as if he won.

"I will not, and I don't seek your approval Luke. Now please let me pass" I move closer to the door that he blocks.

"I warned you Elenore" he grumbled.

Before I could compensate the next actions, I felt a sharp sting sweal over my cheeks. He slapped me. He raised his hand to me.

I brought my cold hand to my cheeks trying to keep the already free flowing tears roll down my cheeks. "Stay away from me you monster!" Pushing past him I run down the hallway. I had no idea where to go, I couldn't go to my parents, to Lily, to James or to my brother.

Thanks would be the first place Luke would look for me. I ran toward the first place I ever felt safe. James' Libary.

Once I shut the door I let out a painful sob. Not even having the strength to keep them in anymore.

"Elenore?!" A voice gasped behind me.

Hope you have a good week ahead of you!! For those who were wondering I try update every weekend. But being back at school made me realise how busy I am getting, so I appolgise in advance for any late uodates.