Chapter 3

I was glad about returning to my own chamber. Where I washed my face with a cool damp cloth. Washing all sources of the blush that stood out on my cheeks after my brother's I'll timed comments. I needed a walk, I needed to recoup state all the wild and loose emotions running through my mind.

The palace gardens were vast and limitless, housing neatly trimmed hedges and a vast array of scented and extravagant flower arrangements. Walking down the loose stone covered path, my eyes were met with a vast clear lake, walking closer, through a forest path I arrived at the shore of the shimmering water. First slipping off my shoe I dipped my foot into the cool water. It was the peak of summer and the water felt delightful clinging to my toes.

Looking around quickly for signs of others. I Slipped off each layer of my dress, leaving my underlayer I skipped into the water enjoying the idea of being rid of all thoughts of Mr Gernard. The cold water tickled my skin loosening my muscles as I submerged myself into it. I heard a twig snap behind me. Causing me to submerge myself further covering my naked breasts.

"Look your highness, woman's clothing" a voice spoke out.

"Ahhh" a man chucked before looking out to the lake. Spotting me. "And who might you be kind madam?" He asked.

"Elenore Westwood, your highness." I introduced bowing my head. "Please excuse my indecency. I was unaware anyone took the lake path" I explained feeling embarrassed.

"Ahh, the dukes daughter I see. I look forward to seeing you at court. With and without your robes" and like that the handsome king galloped away.

I was not offended that despite receiving my family and I only this morning, he had forgotten about me. I knew a Kings duty was to entertain many important people each day and had no room in his memory for the likes of a duke's daughter. But a slight tinge in my stomach told me that the King would not be forgetting me in any near or distant future.

Getting out of the water I slipped the dress over my wet one and hurried inside the castle, to be met with confused stares. I hurried into my Chambers and got ready for the feast. I had to wear something that did not bring attention towards me. I needed something simple.

A servant came and dryed and styled my hair. She powered my body and helped me slip into a new gown. It was one of my simpler ones but was still extravagant in its own way. Mother instated on me changing, but to the lack of time Father did not want us to be late. I was safe.

The room was littered with candles and people all decadently dressed. I was introduced to many possible suitors, and dance with most of them. "How are you finding court life My lady?" Marquess Devon asked as we sat in a secluded corner of the room.

"I arrived this morning and find myself getting hopelessly lost in this castle." I smile softly castling my eyes down, thankful when I hear him laugh. My father is watching us, Ii can feel it.

"Well I will have to show you around then." He declared

I look back up to him with a worried look. "Surely My Lord you do not have time to waste on such an act. I assure you I shall find my way" I assure him.

"Nonsense dear, let's say after your midday meal we shall take a surname of the grounds. I would feel assured of your safety if I did so" his hand reached for my folded ones, as his somewhat youthful face smiled.

"If it will make you at ease My Lord" I nod softly sending him a soft smile.

"Lady Elenore, good to see you are more warmly dressed" a new yet all too familiar voice announced.

"Apologies your highness for my improper actions earlier today. I assure you it won't happen again" I say bowing to the king that stood before me.

"Needn't apologise, I quite enjoyed our last meeting, say next time you return to the lake I would like to attend as well." He smirks.

"I will keep that in mind your highness. I thank you for holding this feast in my father's honour, I assure you he will do all that he can to please you, your highness" I add looking down. I was gaining too much male attention. I could see father smirking in the distance.

The king was unmarried and took up multipack mistresses. It was said that he was unable to devote feelings to anyone but his country. "It was my honour Lady Elenore, say I have never seen you at court before, meaning you are unmarried I presume?" He asks with a straight face.

"Yes, your highness I am unwed" I say, feeling an uncomfortable twist in the pit of my stomach. This was information, I rather had kept to myself.

"You are still young I presume then?" He pushes."Yes, your highness I am ten and seven years" I reply

"Mmmm, it is true you are young" he mumbled. Only then did the Marquess decide to step in to my pleasure.

"Perhaps, Lady Elenore would you like to accompany me in the next dance?"

"I appolgise My Lord, but I fear that I am still tiered from travelling, if you would excuse me" I smile and how to the king, before rushing out of the feast room.

The entire time, my mind was trying not to think about my days in the apple orchids. The days that I spent not feeling or acting like an upper-class snob. Too much had happed today for my mind to comprehend.

"Ha, so now you have the likes of a king and a marquess on your side. Who would have known my dearest little sister was so quick to jump from a doctor to a King" my bother sneered before disappearing back down the cold dark hallways.