Laced - Chapter 68 (Delving Into the Past)

Start from the beginning

I snort, my hands coming up to rub my sore neck. "You know, it was really smart of you to choke the only man who knew where you sister was to death. Kill off the one person with any sort of knowledge."

He glares at me, and I roll my eyes. "Let's go see Liam for your nose. It looks like shit,"

Sebastian only glares at me again, "Who's Liam?"

"The doctor."

He shakes his head. "I'm fine. I don't need your shitty doctor."

"You also don't need a fucking ugly face because your nose is broken, so let's go." I say forcefully and pull open the door of the balcony. I don't wait for him to follow me, because I know for sure that he's not going to let me out of his sight.

When I hear his footsteps behind me, I let out a sigh and bring my hand up to my eye where he'd punched me and make my way to the hospital ward.

--

There's a prominent frown on Liam's face as he takes the two of us in, and confusion in his eyes. Danielle is seated next to him in one of the chairs behind the nurses' desk, working on paperwork. Both look taken back by our sudden appearance.

I push Sebastian in front of me, towards Liam's direction. "I broke his nose."

The frown on his face only grows deeper, and he shakes his head. "Okay, Danielle, can you take...him to one of the rooms? I'll be in there in a minute to examine it."

Danielle quickly stands up and rushes off the help Sebastian, and then Liam turns to me. "What happened? And who's that? And Sir, your eye!"

I groan, "I punched him in the nose; he's..." I pause, not wanting to say her name. I don't want to think of her. I don't want to remember.

"Who?"

"Sebastian," I say slowly. "He's her brother."

A look of understanding crosses over his face, and I know that he's aware of who I'm talking about. "Oh. How does he know to come here?"

I shrug my shoulders, lying. "Beats me. And why is Danielle here?"

Liam sighs, and there's a sudden sadness in his eyes. "I need help in the hospital. So I decided I could train her to be my nurse, since Harry's gone."

The mention of the traitor's name send my blood rushing, boiling, and I see red. I can barely contain my anger, but I manage to hold myself and exhale in order to calm myself. "Did you know about this?"

Liam takes a step towards the direction Danielle had taken Sebastian, but pauses to answer me. "What, about Harry leaving, and taking her with him?"

I nod slowly, trying to ignore the quickly growing aching pain in my chest. "Yes."

He shakes his head slowly, and lets out a melancholic sigh. "He never said a word. I thought he was acting weird a few days before, but he didn't mention anything. I thought at least he would have said some form of goodbye, but nothing."

I nod my head solemnly, and close my eyes. "Okay. How'd you find out, though?"

"Word gets around quick in the mansion, Sir." Liam answers quietly.

Sighing, I nod slowly, and bite the inside of my cheek. "Yeah, it does, doesn't it?"

He nods. "Yeah. Sir, come with me. You need ice on that black eye."

Groaning, I look at him. "Is it that bad?"

He doesn't reply, walking off down the hallway, leaving me no choice but to follow him.