🌸 EPILOGUE 🌸

July, 12, 2020
Tyler's POV

I lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Josh's words running through my mind.

"It's a bit too late for sorry," He says.

My heart aches every time I hear those words replay in my mind.

Every night I think about how Ashley messed up everything. It's all her fault. She was practically groping me that day.

My phone rings, I hum a small tune and my phone tosses itself at my head.

"Ow!" I yell, then I check the caller ID. Melanie.

I answer the phone and put it against my ear, "Yep?" I say.

"Hey Ty," She says happily.

"What do you want?"

"You. Me. Party. Eleven. Tonight."

She's been trying to get me out of the house since Josh said those mean things to me, which was like three months ago. She also knows how much I still like him. And the fact that not being with him drives me nuts.

"You know I hate parties," I tell her.

"So, Ty, you shoul-" She starts, but I stop listening.

"Do do do do, do do do do." I sing, my phone begins to float in the air so that I can't hear her rambling.

Once the screechy screaming comes to an end, I stop humming. Then phone falls onto my chest.

"Got that, Tyler?" She says.

"Yeah, sure."

"You weren't listening were you?"

"Not at all."

🌸

I step over broken bottles, and dodge sweaty and clumped bodies.

I guess you can tell I ended up at that party after all.

And god, do I regret that decision so much.

But hey, I'm 28. And I haven't had a drink since I was 21. Just kidding. I was drunk as crap last week.

I find Melanie in the crowd of dancing bodies. "Mel, where's the vodka?" I ask.

She grins, "Look at you, Tyler! You're getting back in there!"

I roll my eyes, "Vodka?"

"First cabinet to the left of the refrigerator."

I shoot her a thumbs up and walk into the kitchen. There I see what looks like Ashley. Flirting intensely with some guy.

Her back is turned to me, so she can't see me walk up to her.

"What would Melanie think of this flirting, Ashley?" I ask.

Ashley snorts, "If your nosy ass must know, we have an open relationship. And my name is Hals-" She starts, but then she turns around and sees that she talking to me.

Her eyes go wide, "Tyler?"

"The one and only," I say, smirking.

"What are you doing here?"

I hold up my cup, "Getting a drink? Why, am I not allowed to do that?" I ask, sarcastically.

Ever since Josh left me I became a 'sarcastic freak' as Melanie calls me. She says I'm lonely and I need to start dating. But, why? What's the point? No one can ever compare to Josh.

"The hell happened to you? You used to be sweet," She says.

I glare at her, "That was before you screwed up my life by being all over me."

"I was measuring your clothes." Halsey says, defensively.

"Yeah? Well Josh seems to think you we're 'measuring' something else."

"Not my fault." She says, turning away from me.

I grab her arm and turn her around so that she's looking at me.

"Listen up, Ashley. Don't make me throw you into Africa. You're going to help me get Josh back. Got that?"

She looks petrified. I laugh. She's afraid of me.

I lean down to whisper in her ear, "Have you forgotten what I'm capable of?"

She shakes her head.

I brush her hair behind her ear, "Good."

I laugh, take the vodka out of the cabinet, and pour it into my cup until it's full.

As I take my first gulp, I get a rushing thought through my brain. For once, Joshua Dun will know the truth.

I'm no longer the man with bloody hands that was once behind bars.

🌸 THE END 🌸

IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR, THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU!

I'M SO PROUD THAT I ACTUALLY FINISHED A BOOK I ALWAYS START ONE AND NEVER FINISH IT.

BUT YES, THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL AND THE FIRST CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY BE UP SOMETIME THIS WEEK AFTER I EDIT THIS ONE A LITTLE BIT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING.
I LOVE YOU!!