☀️ ᴇxᴘʟᴀɪɴ. ᴛʜᴇ. ғɪʟᴇ. ☀️

December, 14, 2017

Josh's POV

Inspecting the letters of Tyler's file one by one, I ended up circling the third letter of each word. And what I found, surprised me.

Here's what the file said:

H E  IS  D A N G E R O U S.  D O N ' T   L E T  H I M  F O O L  Y O U.  H I S  C A P A B I L I T I E S  A R E  N O T  H U M A N  L I K E.  W H A T E V E R  Y O U  D O ,  D O  N O T  L O C K  H I M  I N  A  P R I S O N.

D O  N O T  T R Y  TO  K E E P  H I M  C O N T A I N E D.

Y O U  M U S T  K I L L  H I M.

By now, I was breathing hard. What does it mean by, "not human?"

Now I understand why Ms. Potter didn't want the police force to read this file.

There's no way she could have known that the words hid a secret message. It took me hours to figure this out. I cannot let her figure this out.

I need more answers.

*

I went to the Cell Hall and walked towards cell Twenty-One. Tyler's cell.

I poked his face with my baton.

"Tyler," I whispered.

"What," he asked, "can't a man get some sleep in here?"

"Get up," I said, "we need to talk."

He nods.

"Look here, Joseph," I said, "I'm gonna let you out of here for awhile. But if I do that, you have to promise to behave. Or I will not hesitate to shoot a bullet through your skull. Got that?"

He nods again.

I grab the key and unlock his cell. I grab his arm and take him to my office.

*

I throw him into the leather chair across from my desk and he growls at me.

"Shut up," I say. Then, I slam the file in front of him.

"Explain this."

He reads over the letter and shrugs, then he looks at my mini fridge.

"I'm not saying anything until you give me something out of there," he smirks.

I shrug and toss him a Coke out my mini fridge. He gulps it and burps, "Ah, man I missed that."

I slam my fist down, "Explain. The. File."

He sighs, "Alright."

* FLASH BACK *

"Son, let me tell you something about bein' a man," Tyler's dad started.

He slapped Tyler across the face. Tyler's face remained plain.

"To be a man, you've got to learn how to deal with pain."

Another slap. Pain. Plain.

"And once you've mastered that, you will learn how to get what you want."

Slap. Pain. Plain.

"Never. Ask. For what you want."

Slap. Less pain. More plain.

"You, Son, Demand it."

Smack in the head with beer bottle.

Tyler didn't blink.

His eyes turned red.

His breathing got heavy.

He stood up, hovering over his sitting dad.

And he pinned the man, twice his size, to the wall.

Punch. Punch. Punch. Kick. Slam. Slap. Blood. Gush.

Tyler's dad didn't fight back. He laughed. Smiled.

Tyler got more and more angry. He thought his dad was sick. Unstable.

But it wasn't Tyler who was beating the pulp out of his dad. Tyler would never do such a thing. It was Blurry Face. Blurry Face was Tyler's friend and his enemy. Blurry Face was the part of Tyler that would tell him who to kill and how to kill that person. Then, Blurry would take over and kill. Tyler never did kill anyone. It was always Blurry. But no sane human would every believe such a story. Even if it's true.

*

"So, yeah, that's everything," Tyler told Josh.

Josh blinked.

Then he blinked again.

He gulped.

"So, was it Blurry Face that killed your dad?"

"Yep," Tyler said.

"This is crazy," Josh said, pacing his office.

He was right all along. There was a reason for him to stay away from Sophia. He was a possessed freak.

"So, are you like, possessed or something?"

Tyler nodded.

"He came into me when I was only 1o. He's been there since. He only stops talking when I'm asleep."

Josh pulled at his hair. This was insane.

"The files says I have to kill you," Josh said.

Tyler went pale.

"But, Maybe, there's a way I can help you."