✨ ᴊ-ᴊᴏsʜ ✨

December, 17, 2017

Tyler's POV.

I shift on my bed. Whining. Trying to stay in the light and get sleep at the same time, but it's hard. Blurry is making it hard for me to sleep so I will be weaker. I just want to close my eyes.

I pull at my hair, "Blurry, Please stop poking me," I whimpered.

"No, Tyler. I'm bored. Sorry."

"You're really a pain in the ass," I tell him.

He laughs, "I know."

I start screaming. I'm tired and there is no way Blurry is going to let me sleep. I just want to die.
A few minutes later, Josh showed up at my cell.

"J-Josh, help me please," I beg him.

And I know I'm not usually this clingy but I just really need someone right now. And Josh is all I've got. No one has ever helped me with Blurry before.

"Shh," Josh says, comfortingly.

He pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly and rubbing my back.

"Josh, I can't sleep," I said, crying into his ear.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He asked me.

I nodded. He laid on my bed and grabbed my hand, pulling me to lay down with him.

"Ouch," I heard him say, "this really isn't comfortable at all," He laughs. "I always thought the inmates we're just complaining."

I shrug. Josh lays down and I lay next to him. I wonder if he'd be okay with comforting me again..

"Hey, Josh, Can we cuddle? Or is that weird?" I asked.

He just smiled and pulled me into his arms. I chuckle, laying my head on his chest.

"You know, you've never called me Josh until yesterday," He says suddenly, after a few minutes of silence.

I blush slightly. Luckily he can't see it because it's dark.

"It just.. rolled off my tongue.. I'm sorry, Officer Dun," I tell him.

"No, you can call me Josh. Or Joshua. I like the way it sounds coming out of your mouth," He says, rubbing circles into my waist with his thumb.

I nod. Smiling to myself. Then my eye lids get really heavy. And I fall asleep. The last thing I remember hearing was;

"You're really pretty, Tyler."

When I woke up the next morning, I was alone. But the spot next to me still smelled like Josh. And was warm too. It was comforting.

I stood up and saw that I was the only person in the cell hall.

"Hello?" I called.

At the sound of my voice, Josh rounded the corner. With his finger over his lips. I shut mine.

He entered my cell, closed the door, and took the sheet off my bed. Hanging it up into the bars so that no one could see us inside.

He grabbed my waist in the darkness, pulling me toward him. I didn't let go. I gave up on trying to act tough around Josh. I let all my guards down. He is someone I can trust.

He leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Listen to me and listen to me good. I'm taking you out of here. You're coming to my place. Everyone is at Rec so we have exactly Twenty-Six minutes to get you out of here. You stay behind me at all times. Got it?" He told me sternly.

I nodded.

He pulled down the sheet and threw it in the cell somewhere. I didn't care that it had touched that nasty floor. I wouldn't be sleeping here anymore, thanks to Josh.

He left out of the cell and I followed. Quietly we rounded the corner. Josh had his gun out in front of him as he walked. Prepared to shoot. Another guard suddenly appeared in front of us.

"Hey!" Officer Martinez said, "where do you think you're going with Ty-" And then her sentence was cut short, Josh kicked her in the stomach. Causing her to slam against the wall. She scrambled up, grabbing her baton, ready to strike. But, Josh threw another blow at her stomach then punched her in the throat.

He was trying not to kill as many people as possible, just hurt them bad enough so that they couldn't stop him. But if they even aimed their guns at either of us, a bullet would be the last thing they saw.

We had a few more hallways to go through. But whenever we saw a guard, we just hid in a corner or ran the other way. It was almost fun.

Josh grabbed my arm and pulled me into his office, then he slammed the door. He quickly reached into his pocket and grabbed a key. Then unlocked a drawer in his desk and took out a orange folder. He slipped it into the inside pocket of his jacket then grabbed my hand and pulled me out of his office.

"What's that paper?" I asked, curiously.

"I'll explain later, let's just go." He said, focused on getting me out of here.

We we're heading towards the front entrance because that's we're Josh's car was parked. The receptionist gasped when she saw us, but Josh just shot her.

We ran the rest of the way to the car. We hopped in, Josh on the drivers side. He quickly started the car and drove off.