💡ᴛʀʏ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ💡

December, 24, 2017
💡
Josh's POV
💡

"So, Josh, What did you mean when you said Tyler isn't being affected by him now?" Melanie asks me, as we start walking towards cafeteria.

"Tyler managed to kill Blurry," I answer.

Melanie's eyes go wide as she looks at Tyler, "H-How?"

"I-I sang to h-him," Tyler says, his face flushed with embarrassment.

"Really?" Melanie says.

"Yeah, I-I also healed Josh when Blurry stabbed him."

"Have you tried doing it again?" Melanie asks.

I turn to look at Tyler, "Yeah, have you?"

Tyler shakes his head and looks down at his finger nails.

"We've got some inmates with wounds in the infirmary. You try again, if you want?" Melanie tells me.

"I guess I'll try," Tyler says nodding.

Melanie then leads us in the other direction.

A few minutes later, we arrive at the infirmary door and knock. The nurse with blue hair opens the door and smiles. I look at her name tag, her name is Ashley.

"Can we have a few minutes alone? This inmate would like to talk to someone in the infirmary," Melanie says.

Nurse Ashley shakes her head, "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to leave injured inmates alone with other inmates. I'm sorry,"

I grab Tyler's uniform from behind and pull him closer to me. I dig my finger nails into his back so that it hurts him badly. I do it to the point that's he's whining, and then tears fall from his eyes. I can see blood dripping from his back.

"He really wants to talk to his friend," I tell nurse Ashley, "he's been talking about it all day long."

I run my nails hard down Tyler's back and he lets out a sob. I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

Ashley frowns, "Alright. Just a few minutes."

She backs up and walks down the hall, we all walk into the infirmary where there are ten beds lined up in rows. As soon as I close the door, Tyler starts punching my chest.

"That hurt, you dick!" Tyler says, whining. I laugh as he throws punches at my chest. I lift his uniform shirt and put bandages over the scratches I had made.

Melanie leans over a man with dark brown skin named 'Dustin Robinson'. He has a stab wound to the neck.

"Try him first," Melanie says, not looking away from the unconscious Dustin.

Tyler nods and walks over to Dustin. He places his hand on Dustin's neck and closes his eyes.

"I can't take them on my own, my own
Oh, I'm not the one you know, you know
I have killed a man and all I know
Is I am on the run and go."

The blood that drenched the bandage wrapped around Dustin's neck, slowly disappeared. I held Tyler's hand as he continued.

"Don't wanna call you in the nighttime
Don't wanna give you all my pieces
Don't wanna hand you all my trouble
Don't wanna give you all my demons
You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight I'll need you to stay."

As Tyler finished, the bandage disappeared as well. And then the wound under it was gone.

Melanie was in disbelief, I was so proud of Tyler. Tyler opened his eyes and looked up at me innocently, then at Melanie, and then down at the man who he had healed. He was still unconscious though, but he didn't have not even one scratch.

"Hey guys, it's been a fe-" Ashley starts.

She looks at us curiously, "What are you doing?"

We all turned around, me blocking her view of Dustin.

"I was just t-talking to Dustin," Tyler says.

Ashley shakes her head, "Dustin has been in segregation since he got here and he doesn't have any friends."

Tyler, Melanie, and I look at each other.

"I'm going to kindly ask you to step away from that man. Or I will have you both fired."

We all quickly move away from Dustin. Ashley walks up to him and her eyes go wide when she realizes he doesn't have any wounds.

She screams and grabs her blue hair.

Tyler fiddles with his fingers. I slowly back out of the infirmary, Tyler and Melanie following me. Once we're out of the infirmary, Ashley is still screaming. We make a run for it, Tyler slipping on his uniform as we run. He giggles.

I laugh too. But then I realize that we just made things a lot more complicated.