☀️ sᴏʀʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ☀️

December, 13, 2017

☀️

Josh's POV

☀️

Today was Monday. And on Monday's, Sophia had cell duty.

I can't let her take cell duty anymore. That Joseph kid is gonna hurt her.

I marched up to the Boss's office.

"Hey Officer Dun! Nice to see you, have a seat."

I gulped, "Hey Ms. Potter, can I talk to you about an inmate?"

"Sure," she says, "anyone giving you a hard time?"

"Yes," I nod, "Tyler Joseph. I don't like him. He's got a smart mouth."

"Alright, Dun. And what do you purpose I do about that?"

"Well, he's been giving me threats about Sophia. I was wondering if you could get her off Cell Duty for awhile. Just until I can figure out a way to handle Tyler," I said, tapping my leg as I talk.

She brushes her gray hair behind her ears. Then, she picks up a pen and begins writing something down in her file.

"Alright. I'll get right to that."

"Thank you," I say, standing up and going towards the door.

I have my hand on the door knob when she stops me.

"Oh, Josh! Speaking of Tyler, I've seemed to misplace his file. If you find it, can you bring it back to me? There are important things in that file. Can't let it get into the wrong hands," she says. She looks nervous as she said that. As if there we're something no one needed to know about on the file. But it seemed normal to me.

Maybe I should have another look.

"Of course. I'll keep my eyes peeled."

☀️

I go back to my office and close the windows, then lock the door behind me. Reaching into my pocket I take out the key to the drawer I put Tyler's file in a couple of days earlier.

I read over the letters again.

Everything seems perfectly normal.

But, it could be something more.

I brush my red hair out of my eyes and look closer to the file. I grab my pen and began looking over at the letters of each word.

Oh my god.

☀️

Sophia's POV

I just got out of Ms. Potters office. I go to Josh's office and try to open the door. It's locked. Since when does he lock it?

I bang on the door, "Josh!"

I hear shuffling coming from inside his office, then he opens the door.

"H-Hey, Sophia," he says, nervously.

"What we're you doing?" I ask

He shrugs, "Sleeping. Wasn't sleeping well this week."

His eyes do look tired.

I sit on his desk and he returns back to his chair.

"So, uh, Potter took me off Cell Duty," I said. Studying his face for a reaction.

He opens his eyes, seeming shocked.

"Oh uh, Wow, Sorry to hear that."

I sigh, "I know this has something to do with you. What's going on with you, Josh?"

He stands up, so his eyes are level with mine.

"I just.. There is something going on that I can't really talk to you about yet. Something isn't right. And I'll figure it out. But for now, you need to stay away from Tyler."

I nod. He seems genuinely worried.

"Alright," I say, pulling him closer, "but you're gonna tell me soon, right?"

He nods, "Of course."

I smile, I grabbed his uniform in my hands lightly and kissed him softly.

He grins.

"So, we're cool?" He asks.

I punch him in the shoulder. Then I go to the door.

"We're cool," I say, then I close the door.