"I-I, I'm sorry. I thought she had... you know?"

"No." I shake my head. "I don't know. Just back off. She has done nothing wrong. I started this. Not her. I started it, and I stopped it. Really, I don't need your help. I'm going back to class on Monday. I'm continuing my sessions with her. I'm doing that because I am mature enough to leave it be. We have talked, and we have both agreed that it can't happen. She has promised to be professional, and I have promised to be nothing but an excellent student."

"Is that really a good idea? Continuing the sessions?"

"Yes, it is. I need the help, Ally. I asked her for help the first day she took our class, and I promised I would work hard. I plan to come good on that promise. Please, don't wait in the shadows of the hallways for a glimpse of whatever it is you have in your mind. You will be sadly mistaken. Nothing is happening between us."

"Okay." She gives me a nod. "I'm sorry, Lo."

"Me too. You have interfered and I don't like it. I don't know what your problem is, but please just leave her alone. I think she was hurt more than I was, so, please... leave it now."

"Fine." She sighs. "Just be careful."

"I'm always careful." I smile. "Now, I'd like to get my weekend started with a little studying. Care to join me?" I know she won't, and that is why I asked.

"Oh, God no." Blonde hair shaking furiously, Ally backs away and towards the door. "See you Monday, yeah?"

"Yep. Bright and early."
......

Stepping out of the shower, I wrap my towel around me and make my way out into the living room. Finding my cell flashing on the coffee table, I pick it up and smile when I see Normani's name flash across the screen. Texting back and forth for a couple of minutes, it just seems so easy. It seems... perfect. She is perfect.

After telling her that I will be at her place in a few hours, I throw my cell down onto the couch and make my way back down the hall and into my bedroom. I know that I don't need to dress to impress, but I kinda want to. I'm not going to go all out, but I'll do my hair and throw on some clothes that I know look good on me. Clothes I know she will be drooling over.

Satisfied that I look good but comfortable, I head out into the kitchen and pull out the stack of takeout menus I had accumulated over the past couple of years. I know the best places to eat. Sure, nothing beats a home cooked meal, and that is something I hope to spring on Normani in the near future, but tonight is Saturday, and Saturday with Normani has to be a takeout night. I'm declaring it right now.

Finding my favourite restaurant, I ring through my favourite order and hope that she approves. I'm not entirely sure she cares so long as I'm there with her, but little does she know, I've thought about her since I stepped out of her beautiful home earlier today. I want nothing more to take her in my arms when I see her, but I know there is plenty of time for that. She wants me to be myself, and that is what I plan on doing. I know how to treat a woman right, and even though I'm a little nervous to spend the weekend with her, I know that me being, well....me...can only show her what she has on offer.

She was right last night when she said that it may not work, but I'm not hopeful. No, I'm positive that we can make this work. It's not even about making it work. It's about just being us. I'm not going to spend my time trying to make her want me. If she wants me, it will be based on the true me. I know what I want in my life now. I want Normani Hamilton. The secrecy and the hiding of our relationship don't matter. So long as I'm with her, I'm happy.

Pulling up outside Normani's home, I slip out of my car and grab our takeout from the passenger side. Straightening myself out, I strut up to her driveway and find myself outside of her front door. Knocking lightly I steady myself and wait for the beautiful goddess to reach the door.