When He Hurts You (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"No, tell me." She asks softly. "I want to know."

So I nod, wondering where to begin. "Basically... the Foot fleet showed up while we were out, and we were starting to become overpowered. I wanted to fallback before things got out of hand but Raph didn't want to leave and... Things got complicated." I shake my head, forcing myself to hurry and get on with it. "Karai had knocked Mikey unconscious and before I could get to him she dropped him off the building." I hear Y/n's gasp after saying it. "We got to him and barely got away but, Raph was angry and ran off." I exhale deeply, stopping myself there before the emotions and pressure come back.

Her eyebrows raise in concern. "Is Mikey okay?"

"His shell is knocked loose. His arm was dislocated, and on top of that he's got a gash on his head..."

"Oh my gosh... That's awful."

I sigh, attempting to relieve the stress through my breath. "Donnie said he'll be fine. Back to normal in a couple of weeks... I just wish I had known– I wish I had been there for him before she got to him."

Y/n nods slowly. She was staring at me, seeming to understand now. "Wow... no wonder... I had no idea." She shook her head. "I guess I shouldn't have kept pressing you like that when I could tell you were upset." I look at her again as her voice becomes apologetic. "I should've left you alone, I'm sorry."

I frown. "No, don't say that. It's not your fault." I stare at her for a moment, looking between those e/c eyes.

After my silence, she moves towards me and lowers herself to my level, sitting down with me and suddenly sympathetic now. "What is it?"

I looked into her questioning/concerned eyes, still holding her small hands in mine. I've insulted her, and made her doubt the both of us, so the least I could do is tell her what I actually think. "Listen, Y/n. The truth is... I think you're amazing." I smile, fighting the nervousness as I admit this to her. "You make me laugh more than anyone else, and knowing you has made my life so much easier... I would never want you to think otherwise."

I see a glimmer of a smile on her slightly puffy face. But her eyes are still sad, as if she's almost afraid to let herself believe it. "Really?"

"Really." A small smile tugs at her lips, and I smile too at finally seeing hers. "I promise I will never hurt you again. And I won't stop trying to make it up to you. So, can you forgive me?"

Her smile widens and she looks down bashfully. "Yeah..." she nods. "Yeah, we're cool."

"Whew..." I breathe, relieved. Y/n looks at me again, surprising me when she wraps her arms around me in a hug.

I grin and squeeze her back, feeling a surge of warmth in my chest at the feel of her embrace.

She pulls away after a few more seconds, and when we look at each other we realize how close we are, sitting on the floor with one another like this. Y/n bit her lip before moving her hands off my shoulders, and I pull my hands from around her waist. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the touch... but I didn't have to miss it for too long when she held my right hand in both of hers, looking down at it.

"How is your hand?" She asks, now noticing my wrap up job on it. I smile a little, remembering again how selfless she is, to be worried about something as frivolous as my hand right now.

"I'm okay. It doesn't hurt too bad... But I'm more worried about how your head is feeling."

"It'll be fine. Just aching but... I'm okay."

I nod slowly, feeling guilty all over again, and knowing it'll probably bruise over.

But before I can apologize again, I remember something else.