Chapter 40: Blood-Lust

Lay's pov:

Luhan hyung and I entered the house immediately the huge 'boom' sound is heard. We are walking at the long hallways of the mansion to find anyone that can tell us what is going on. For a second there, I sensed a demonic heat aura radiating at the area. There could only be one thing about this. Chanyeol activated his vampire form.

 Some of us like our vampire form, like Chen, as he thinks it looked cool. However, Chanyeol don't think the same way. He only treats the vampire form as a fine line between his humanity and the savage beast, which is his phoenix. This could mean that there is some sort of immense emergency or danger that could make him use his vampire form. We then bump into Baekhyun in the hallway. He was speeding like everywhere, maybe to find Chanyeol. He came to us and said," Is it true? Have you seen him yet?"

Baekhyun looked frantic as his eyes are glowing grey. He has a slight sweat on his forehead. He knew that Chanyeol is in his vampire form. He also knew that something is wrong. Really wrong. Just then, We saw Chanyeol walking into the hallway. The minute we saw the red hair, we know it is true. He use his vampire form. We soon to notice that he is a dragging something, or someone. It  is Ren, the vampire council member. I asked him," What's wrong with him? Are we attacked?"

Chanyeol stopped walking and faced me. He sighed and said," I wish we are being attacked but its not."

Baekhyun then asked as he ruffled his own hair in frustration," Then, what is it?" 

Chanyeol was about to answer when Luhan hyung cut him off by saying,"Ren is the one poisoned Kris."

Baekhyun's face immediately turned dark. There is this one thing that Baekhyun can never tolerate, traitors, Baekhyun's voice grew deeper as he said," He betrayed us. Kill him."

Baekhyun's bloodlust appeared and the aura is surrounding the room. I knew that this is not going to be good. Just then, Luhan hyung spoke,"I think there is a reason for him to do this. Maybe for the sake of his brother's life."

Baekhyun then said," I'm sorry Luhan hyung but whatever reason he has, I am not gonna tolerate it." 

Baekhyun is about to lose it. Just then, Chanyeol touched Baekhyun's shoulder with his right hand. He told Baekhyun," I am going to torture him for answers. Wanna help me?"

Baekhyun gave out a sadistic smile and said," Of course."

I swear that I never thought the day came when I get to see Baekhyun's dark side again.

As the two beagles walked away, I can finally asked on why Luhan hyung told me what he told.

"If the time comes, I want you to kill me."

What does he mean by that? I know that Luhan hyung heard what I thought about. He knows that he is bound to answer all the questions that I was about to ask him right now. Luhan hyung then said," I mean it. What I said earlier. I really mean it."

I sighed and said," I can do anything but this. I can't do this."

I paused as I look at him in the eye and asked," Why, of all people, would you choose me?"

Luhan hyung then answered," Cause I trust you, as you said, 100%."

Luhan hyung then gazed at me with a gentle smile. Tears start to come down his eyes as he said," I wouldn't if you were to kill me, Yi Xing."

Yi Xing, he knew. He knew my real name. The Luhan hyung I know would never use that name unless it is serious. I guess this Luhan hyung in front of my is no different. I guess he is serious about it. I guess I have no choice.