Chapter 39: Fake

Lay's pov:

"My dear beloved comrades--"

I paused as I took a deep breath as I continued," HE IS A FREAKING VAMPIRE! HE WON'T BE KILLED BY A STUPID CAR ACCIDENT!"

"Don't shout at us like that, at least not at me. I just carry the guy here." Chanyeol retaliate as he hugged Baekhyun. I guess he is shocked to the fact that I just explode at him like that. It is not like I don't like the big guy. It just turned out that Chanyeol and Baekhyun are the only two people that carry Kris hyung in here.

Just then, Chanyeol muttered," This is why I wanted Chen or D.O to carry him instead but NOOOOO! D.O had to carry the car inside and Chen had to fix it. WHY CHEN?! That lucky son of a gun, he doesn't need to handle an an---"

He was cut off when he realized that I am glaring at him. Chanyeol then was frightened by me glare as he said," I said nothing."

He looked down at the half conscious Baekhyun in his arms. He faked a shocking gasped and said," BAEKHYUNNIE! Did you just insult our dear Doctor Lay hyung? How could you?"

Baekhyun heard that as he started to protest pointlessly. How I know this is because he wanted to say something but failed as a tall, giant yoda was hugging him tight which make him vulnerable. I just simply let out a deep sigh. I rubbed my temples and said," Who make a big fuss about this again?"

Chanyeol simply pushed Baekhyun to the front, which freed him out of the man's clutches in the process. Baekhyun then started to defend himself," In my defense, it is not like Kris hyung to get into an accident. It is usually Xiumin hyung cause driving is the only thing he is bad at."

Actually, he does make a point. It is not for him to crash into the porch like that. Kris hyung has dignity to not to crash like that. Just then, Luhan hyung said out loud," He is poisoned."

What? Impossible!

I walked towards the unconscious patient and said," I have examined him and there is no traces of any poisons."

Luhan hyung begun to shook his head and touch his nose as he said," Use your nose."

I took a deep sniff and I smelled something odd. It is odd but fragrant. I don't know where to pin point my finger at it as the scent is too familiar. Chanyeol then said," It smells like flowers. The scent is more floral than fruity. I suggest you go to the floral side if you want to know what that smell is."

I know Kris hyung and there is no way that he would use this kind of feminine scent as a perfume. Just then, Baekhyun just had to intervene by saying," How the heck you know that? Do you use female perfume?"

Chanyeol scoffed as he answered his best friend's question," In my line of work, you tend to work with a lot of scents to use it as a smoke bomb that make everyone sleepy."

I ignored their mini conversation by asking Luhan hyung," What does that scent have to do with all this?"

Luhan hyung sigh and said," I know this scent. It came from a very rare species of flowers and it is called the Morning Ghost."

Morning ghost? Luhan hyung then continued," This flowers is very rare and hard to find."

Okay, the only thing I know about this is it is rare. Luhan hyung then began to be a bit more restless as he deliver his next sentence," This flower is harmless to us as we smell it and nothing happens. However, it is deadly to a royal. He does not have a lot of time left we don't find a cure."

Just then, I asked," How do you know so much about this?"

Luhan hyung then said," To protect Tina, I study a lot so that I can protect her."