Silver Valley

Mulai dari awal

By now Arthur had started playing with a rock he had picked up. It was his nervous habit. Usually he would move his fingers over his sword. Without it, he usually found something else to play with, like the rock in his hand.
Without that one telltale sign of his nervousness, you wouldn't notice. His face once again showed no emotion, in fact he looked rather bored. None of his muscles were tensed up in the least. Merlin knew just how anxious he was by the speed his fingers were moving over that rock.

"Remember to breathe Prat," Merlin joked. He had a plan, so he wasn't as nervous. The only thing he was anxious about, was if Arthur caught him or not.

"Breathe? How can I breathe at a time like this you idiot?" Arthur asked in a deathly, and quiet voice.

"You use your lungs, and pull air in, and out. You need to do it, the time doesn't matter!" Thus the whisper arguing began. This distracted Arthur, and soon they were nearly there.

Suddenly Merlin bumped into Arthur, and quickly whispered, "pretend we don't know each other by the guards, and say the words I say. Also close your eyes when saying the spell."

As confused as he was, he decided to do as told. Merlin then stepped ahead. "I was here on a business trip, and need to get back to my home. May I pass?"

"Light the torch." The tallest guard pointed at the other man, who was holding it.

Saying the spell as clearly as possible for Arthur, he lit it. The guard holding it promptly put it put.

"Pass."

"Buisness?" The tallest guard promptly asked Arthur.

"Visiting family." Arthur replied smoothly.

"Alright, light the torch."

Arthur then mimicked the exact words he heard Merlin Say, and he saw a pair of eyes past the gate turn gold. Merlin's. Somehow Merlin lit the torch without saying the spell.

Walking past the guards, Arthur felt more betrayed then relieved. True Merlin was his best friend, but why would he practice magic? Then said best friend started walking alongside him. Seeing red, he began playing with the rock in his hand again. He needed to at least be out of Silver Valley to call Merlin out on being a sorcerer.

"Hey you two!" Suddenly Merlin and Arthur found themselves surrounded by a large group of Siver Valley's knights.

"I'm getting some Deja vu here," Merlin whispered.

Looking at the man who had called out to them, Merlin found the dark hair somehow annoyed him.

"Yes?" Asked Merlin.

"Which one of you two is better at magic?" The authoritive man asked.

"That would be me." Merlin spoke again.
It was at this point Arthur realized just how loyal Merlin was. He'd probably had a good reason to practice magic.

Then Merlin continued, "I'm new to the area, May I ask your position?" Looks like Merlin had learned from his mistake when he first met Arthur.

"Higher then yours. Probably more powerful too," taunted the man.

"I'm going to guess you're a Prince then."

"Yup, and I challenge you to a fight. One to test our magical abilities." He sounded awfully snobby.

Someone needs to teach him a lesson. Thought Merlin. Arthur on the other hand was thinking, Merlin is going to get embarrassed again isn't he? This man has most likely been training since youth.

Arthur, definitely had no idea how powerful Merlin was. What happened in the fight was going to shock him.

"I'd rather not fight a dolt." Looks like he hadn't learned his lesson the first time. Although, Arthur was annoyed with Merlin for not telling him about his magic, he still became jealous that Merlin gave an insult as a nickname for the man.