Page 111

However, none of the "Queen" complains about lies and rudeness on the part of journalists. From the outside it seems strange - many celebrities like to publicly complain about the unfair treatment of the press, but the members of "Queen" - never, although they had more reasons for that than anyone else. They preferred not to touch upon this topic, and if they talked about the dislike of the press, then calmly and without indignation - they simply stated the fact. And in this there is nothing surprising - after all the soldier does not shout on the battlefield "Oh, but they shoot at me!". This is war, and complaining in this situation is useless and there is nobody. It remains either to surrender, or to sell, or - to continue ...

In 1982, "Queen" once again falls in the number of "enemies of the people." The cause is the Falklands war between Britain and Argentina. Since the "enemy" song "Under Pressure", despite the war, was in first place in the Argentine hit parade, the Argentine government banned the transfer of Queen music on television and radio and declared the entire four people persona non grata. It would seem that this scandal should cause sympathy for the group from the progressive public and add to their popularity in the UK. Nothing of the kind - the press pounces on "Queen" for last year's tour, accusing them of lack of patriotism, and their new single "Las Parabras De Amor" ("Words of Love"), in which Spanish words were used, is equated with treason. Mercury, in contrast to the "progressive public, Did not express enthusiasm for this war, calling it a meaningless killing of youth, and the release of "Las Parabras De Amor" in the conditions of chauvinistic hysteria was an act of true civic courage. The press showered Mercury with another insult. Propaganda worked - new singles were not successful.

Troubles awaited the group and in the US - MTV prohibited the video clip "Body Language" ("Body Language"), accusing him of pornography. On the same basis, the single with the same song was banned for sale - they found fault with the "erotic" cover, although there were no more obscenities in the male and female bodies depicted there than in Gauguin's famous painting. The American press also contributed in every possible way to the failure of the new album "Hot Space" ("Hot Space"), and he did not enjoy success in the US.

To the successes of 1982, you can refer to the successful world tour (Queen gave a total of about 70 concerts in the UK, Western Europe, the United States, Canada and Japan), as well as the success of the Hot Space album in the UK - no matter how hard the press tried The American version did not work out - the album reached the fourth place.

The topic of confrontation did not bypass Hot Space. The song "Back Chat" ("Gossip"), written by Deacon, speaks frankly about how the image of "Queen" and its members is distorted in the press, how their dirty and deceitful gossip was tortured, how they suffer from these endless streams of calumny, although They pretend that they do not give a damn, finally, how her main object - Freddie is tortured - is tortured:

Gossip, gossip - you are depriving me of strengthGossip, gossip - criticize everything you see.Gossip, gossip - analyze each of my words.Gossip, gossip - and always act in their own way.Oh yeah, look what they did to me.Gossip, gossip - you drive me crazy.It's a battle to the end -You get knocked down, and you start everything from the beginning.They are gossiping, gossiping - they have absolutely exhausted me,You distort every word I say,Take me out of yourself and still do everything your own way.I have a great chance to tie a novel,If I ever win this battle -The last word will be mine ...Catch luck - I'm ready to attack,Because every time I try to talk to you,I hear only an abuse in response.You are so self-assured, but I'm not afraid of you at all.Do not gossip ... just leave me alone!

The words about the battle finally clarify the already transparent meaning of the song. And the words "I have a great chance to make a romance" clearly refer to Freddie - he was the only one in the whole "Queen" was alone. And this is the answer to homosexual gossip in his address. Mercury performed this song with a special fury and a sense of rightness in his voice.

In the video clip, already mentioned, Freddie in white clothes is fighting with his double - so Freddie Mercury, with whom the gossip replaced the present. False Freddie pushes the present into a cage - and he, pressing his face to the grate, tries to shout out to people from there. The video clip in the clip finally convinces that the song does not have a "lyrical" meaning.

In the song "Life Is Real" (Mercury), dedicated to the memory of John Lennon, there are such lines:

Success is my living space,I myself have cultivated it,I can appreciate it and pay for it,I can find it or lose it.And these words do not need comments.* * *

In 1983 the band decided to spend on vacation - they were exhausted by an eight-year incessant series of concerts, studio recordings and an endless battle. They did not stay out of the year - they met in July to work on a new project.

During the vacation, all the musicians are working on solo projects. Freddie spends this year in Munich, where he is working on a solo album and is recording the song "Love Kills" ("Love Kills") for a new version of Metropolis. In the summer he comes to Los Angeles - the world capital of show business - and spends there a long time. The purpose of his visit is to find out the prospects for business and establish business contacts with local showmen and music producers. And during this visit, one of the strangest and little-known episodes of his secret war takes place.

The American press writes mucks, from which it follows that Freddie spends time exclusively at cocaine parties and in gay clubs. Freddie leaves America, so nothing is achieved. But that's not all - after that strange visit, Queen's tour of the United States ceases forever. "Queen" intensively toured for another three years - but did not give a single concert in the US.

What's the matter? And this is after they spent almost two to three months in America almost every year! One year it was possible to miss the US, but three years in a row - this simply can not be! The US is not a country that can be ignored for a long time - success here largely depends on success throughout the world. But "Queen" for some reason, contrary to common sense, ceases to tour in this country, in which the main sums of show business are concentrated and where the most important are located ... Correct, Sharks.

The USA is the center of influence of the Owners, their ancestral lands, their territory. The country of totalitarian sects, the only state in the world of legal and triumphant Satanism. Is it any wonder that it was in this country that Mercury always had the biggest problems? And now, it seems, something more serious has happened - he was finally cut off by oxygen.

Of course, this did not mean the end of Queen's activities in the United States. Their albums and singles continued to be released in this country, the daughter company EMI, Capitol, produced their music, and in 1986 Queen recorded music for the American-British film The Highlander. But the tour stopped, Mercury himself after 1983 never appeared in America, which can not be just an accidental coincidence.

How can there be no coincidence story with Michael Jackson.

111