Page 59

Siyavush entering the fire

Siyavush entering the fire. Persian miniature, XIV century

This legend reflects the ancient custom of the Zoroastrians. The fire in them was considered sacred, and therefore could not touch the righteous. Standing unharmed in the fire, Freddie symbolically proves his innocence in the language of his ancestors. It is known that on the shooting of "Play The Game" Freddie poured a few liters of water and smeared with petroleum jelly, as if indeed he was going to enter the fire - it means that it was very important for him. He was ready to do this - just to prove that he was pure in front of people.

It is no accident that he is in a white T-shirt: white is the color of righteousness. It is not by chance that a shirt is shown with lightning - a sign of a strong masculine principle and victory over women. And it is no coincidence that he is naked - in the language of Zoroastrian symbols this means: "I'm telling you the truth, I'm innocent."

The cover of the single "Play The Game"

In the video clip " Play The Game" Freddie proves his innocence in the language of his ancestors

In ancient Iran, the unjustly accused had another exotic way of justification.

The ossified man entered the temple half-naked, prayed, and the priest, in the presence of the offender and judge, poured molten metal onto his bare breast. It was believed that if a person is not guilty of anything, then metal will not harm him.

Thus, the slandered Freddie is symbolically justified before people. It was in 1980, when the "Play The Game" was filmed, that Freddie was subjected to another company of harassment because of a short haircut and mustache - he was declared an active gay. Freddie says that he is not guilty of anything, but he was slandered by the same "Sudaba", which he refused.

Only this Sudaba is male.

And in the video clip "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", two girls tear a T-shirt on Freddie. In the East, tearing apart clothes is a demonstration of grief, proof of one's righteousness or response to slander. It's easy to guess what Freddie wanted to say.

The most frankly this theme was sounded in Mercury's early song "Flick Of The Wrist" ("Clicking on the wrist"):

He says: "You will not sign - I'll break the back!Everything will swim before your eyes.This tongue-tied hypnotizes youJust a glance.Strain your mind and see,How the beast wakes up in it.Well remember what I say,Otherwise, knee-deep in trouble!He says - sell your body,Forget about human dignity,Devote all your leisure to me,Let me squeeze you to the last drop.I wash my fingers to the bone,I scream for pain, but I do not make an impression.He seduces you with his money machineAnd more, more money, giving luxury entertainment.You will be reduced to the level of a false jukeboxAnd then they will say goodbye forever.This is a robbery!

This song has an interesting chorus:

Do not look back, do not look back - this is a robbery!Clicking on the wrist - and you're dead, baby.Send him a kiss - and you're insane.Clicking on the wrist - and it will devour your heart.He holds you by the hand and by the foot,And all this time, baby, you have!

The content of the song is quite transparent and almost does not need any comments - therefore biographers have struck a frank panic. They either do not talk about this song at all, or give stupid explanations - for example, that it is dedicated to the rogue manager Jack Nelson, who appropriated the band's money. Nelson is really dedicated to the song "Queen", but the other is "Death On Two Legs". Such an interpretation is absurd. Nelson is a petty crook, and the hero of the song does not take money from anyone, on the contrary - he offers huge sums, fame, luxurious entertainment, and in exchange demands to sell his body, to become a prostitute. Freddie warns beginners show business - do not agree, do not sell your dignity, you use, make it, turn it into a music machine, and then just throw it away.

This is what happens with the nice boys, substituting their own backs.

Russian translators have deceived readers with fear by translating "Flick Of The Wrist" as "Flicking their fingers", although the word "wrist" means "wrist" and not "fingers". What's the difference? Great.

The fact is that this gesture refers to the signs of homosexuals. If the raised hand means "I want you", then clicking (more precisely, tapping) with two fingers on the wrist is the answer "I agree". In the context of the song it means - do not accept the invitation, otherwise you will ruin your body and soul. "You are held by the hand and by the foot", "all this time you have" - ​​a clear hint of anal intercourse. In addition, the word rip-off, in addition to the well-known, has the meaning of "rape".

What are you, biographers? Here is your loving gay symbolism, which you have been looking for so long and unsuccessfully - here it is, get it! Why do not you rejoice?

No, they are not happy at all, moreover - they are in such horror that they misinterpret words and carry nonsense.

Because "Flick Of The Wrist" is proof that Freddie was not only never a homosexual, but angrily rejected such proposals - for which he received.

The song was written in 1974. Freddie Mercury is a little-known young singer who barely started in show business. A handsome newcomer gets a tempting offer that can turn his whole life around. He will have everything - huge money, worldwide fame, millions of fans, powerful promotion, good press. And you need very little for this - just put your ass up and sell your soul. But this is what he, a believing Zoroastrian and a real man, can not do. And he offers to kiss him in the very part of the body that is out of reach for high-ranking gays. What he paid for it - shows all his future life.

It was then, in 1974, Freddie first learned what the revenge of the gay community is. One by one, journalists ask him the same question - when he became gay. The press grumbles about Freddie's "ambiguous sexuality" and prints fake interviews in which Freddie talks about his gay adventures. In a few weeks he had a reputation as a gay man. Nobody cares that he has a girlfriend.

For the Zoroastrian, this is a disaster. And Freddy must decide what to do next. You can go to a bow to the Big Bosses - and then everything will be all right at once. They will gladly forgive disobedient handsome. You can reconcile that fame and human dignity are incompatible - and leave the big stage. And you can rush into battle, knowing that against him - the whole show industry, that his career will be a war with a multiply superior opponent.

He chooses a war - and challenges his abusers.

The call was accepted.

The persecution of Freddie Mercury has no analogues in the history of Western rock music.

There is no one to be mocked so cruelly, ruthlessly, and most importantly, undeservedly. And there is no other famous person about whom you can write with any impunity any abominations without any proof for that.

59