Page 46

Mary Austin is hardest to suspect of lying. Unlike the vicious and envious friends of Freddie, she produces the impressions of a person who really loved him. Apart from the stories about homosexuality, she did not say a single bad word about Freddie. On the contrary, no one spoke of Freddie as good as this woman.

With warmth and tenderness she told me how Freddie was a wonderful, kind, talented and courageous man, how he cared for her all his life and how he protected, what gifts she gave, how she rushed to help at a difficult moment, with what rare courage she died. "He was my most important, best friend ... Only when he died did I understand how he defended me. I was behind him, like behind a wall ... It was a terrible sorrow for me ... ".

And the gay legend was replenished with the most touching of her character - a faithful friend and an angel-keeper of a slutty gay man. A woman who for years gently cared about the former lover, silently putting up with his homosexuality. Resigned, endured - and received in return a gentle platonic sense. Pregnant, with a small child in her arms, she spent days and nights caring for a loved one dying from AIDS - and after his death became his heir. A great platonic friendship is the love of a depraved gay man and a beautiful woman ... The terrible grief of loss ...

Very dramatic. And it is very difficult to say "I do not believe".

With people like Barbara Valentine or Jim Hutton everything is clear. And then there's this feeling - and Freddie loved it, too. It is impossible not to believe.

In fact of the matter. Freddie's friends did not hide their abominations - Mary Austen did much more cunningly. She turned out to be a good dramatic actress.

Thirty years this woman plays the role of friend and guardian angel Freddie Mercury. He plays so skillfully that he managed to deceive not only Freddie, but the whole world. And her fee for this role is not inferior earnings leading Hollywood stars. 10 million pounds sterling - this is the minimum amount of inheritance, a fraud received by her from Freddie, not counting the proceeds from the sale of his songs.

She makes an irresistible impression on journalists. A sweet and charming lady. A bit sad and shy smile, beautiful green eyes. Very kindness and affability, embodied modesty and shyness. The voice still trembles with unconcealed sorrow at the mere mention of the tragic fate of beloved Freddie.

And who will believe that all this is a deft and skilful deception for the sake of money and vanity! That this dear mother of the family is the greatest prodigy and adventurer in England!

To prove this, we use the old mathematical method-proof from the opposite. Let's believe Mary Austin - and imagine that everything was exactly as she says.

So, she has a friend - the closest, most beloved person in her life. No one has ever done for her as much as he does. Everything that she has in life, she owes him. He is her friend and brother, a man and a defender, a breadwinner and a support, a comforter and helper. He will calm and mock, protect and help with money, and, whatever happens, come running to the rescue on the first call. Once he was her man, her lover. They have long since split up, but still adore each other. And she continues to love him - not as a friend, but as a man. She has a civil husband, a child, but she really only loves him. But he has a vice that prevents them from being together - and this is the most terrible drama of her life.

Her friend is a homosexual. It was discovered only when they had lived together for several years. That's why they broke up. Her wonderful friend and beloved man, from whom she dreamed of giving birth to a child, sleeps only with men, and is absolutely indiscriminate in her love affairs.

But he, ashamed of his vice, jealously protects from others this delicate secret. The fact is that he is a world-famous rock star. He has millions of fans around the world, and he is under constant surveillance of the yellow press. If everything opens, there will be a terrible scandal. And he has very strict and faithful parents.

The worst thing happened - he has AIDS. For years, she sees with horror his agony - and can not help. He dies in terrible tortures on her hands, leaving her a legacy full of treasures palace and millions. Overnight, she becomes a rich woman - but why would she do this if he is no longer in the world! Why live at all!

She is in a terrible grief, life has lost all meaning for her, and at that moment she is surrounded by a crowd of journalists, asking about him, about his life and death - and what does she say? She immediately begins to talk about his homosexual adventures, giving out to outsiders the most intimate details of his life, and the next day the whole world learns his insight.

Well, who is she after that?

It's a pity, the story was beautiful. I like it. But only a loving woman would never act so meanly. She would not tell the whole world that her beloved person had been hiding her whole life. And if we are talking about things that everyone knows without it, she would simply refuse to talk about it. She would say: "I'm sorry, but he did not give me permission to talk about his intimate life. Ask any other questions - just not this one. "

Mary Austin always says that she loved Freddie, and this feeling was mutual. She calls him none other than "my Freddie." "All his life he loved only me ... I was the only woman in his life ... And for me he was the only man (that did not stop her from changing lovers like gloves), I really loved him only ... If it were not for his homosexuality, we Would be married ... But we got married in the hearts ... We lived as the married life requires - together in sorrow and joy, wealth and poverty ... "

Phew, what vulgarity! Look at the face of this woman's face - does she look like the one who can love one man all her life?

She said she loved him? But love is first of all a feeling of anxiety and responsibility for another person! What is she so quietly watched for so many years, how he ruined his body, soul and reputation ?! I saw that the life, honor and health of a loved one is being endangered - and I have not tried to stop him, to reason with him, to explain what he is doing, to insist on his own ?! For once serious talk with him - as a friend and as a loving woman ?!

Why did not she try to get him back like a man, losing to some gay men without a fight ?! To use your female charms, finally, to seduce again, to give birth to a child - and thereby tie him to yourself ?! And if there is no hope of his return - find and bring a girl who can distract him from homosexual fornication and create a family with him.

And do not talk about homosexuality - if a person has lived with women before the age of thirty, then he is not hopeless, and it makes sense to fight for his salvation.

And if nothing happens, then a loving person, however painful it may be, will say:

"Freddy, I'm leaving." I can not see how you're killing yourself anymore. If something happens to you, it will be on my conscience. Sorry, but I can not do otherwise ...

And Mary Austin, it seems, just waited for the beloved to burn.

And a loving woman would try to reconcile Freddie with his parents - Mary Austin did not do anything like that.

Another option: considering the rumors spread by the press, why not get married - with the preservation of mutual freedom? This would silence many evil tongues! But Mary is clearly not going to "cover up" Freddie - on the contrary, she always says that there is no intimate relationship between them for a long time.

If you follow the logic of the gay legend, then Mary Austin is just a godsend for the depraved gay Mercury. This woman, who is capable of being a mistress, friend, mother, sister, nanny, housekeeper who knows everything about Freddie - and accepts him as he is, is ready for everything and agrees. So here it is, the ideal wife for the famous gay who hides his homosexuality - wife-screen, wife-girlfriend! Married to Mary, Freddie solved several problems at once - he provided himself with a heterosexual alibi, made sure that the rumors about the reasons for his prolonged loneliness were hushed up, provided the house with the mistress, and himself - the heir: in order to have a common child, it is not necessary to have a regular sex life. And do not lie, do not hide their lovers - the wife will understand everything and forgive. And if she falls in love with another - let them not be jealous of each other. If she meets another man and wants to go to him - what, you can always get a divorce. Why did not he marry her?

46