Page 19

But biographers speak of his cats as if Freddie Mercury were an old old woman who had died from her mind. Again - scandalous tone, for example: "When his cat disappeared, he fought in hysterics and threw out of the window an expensive Japanese vase," "his cats lived in luxury, which many people can not imagine," "he arranged chic celebrations of birthdays Their cats ", etc. etc.

With what contempt they talk about that period of his life, when he was forced to make a living by trading in the Kensington market. It is interesting, since when is trade in the West considered to be indecent employment? Nobody is ashamed of this, moreover, biographers of any celebrity with great respect will say that their hero was working behind the counter or in the restaurant ... But with Freddie again everything is different.

And how they portray his flight from England because of taxes! "He was hiding from taxes," "he broke the law," "he ran from the tax police" ... In short, the prison cries for him. Almost all British musicians ran from the nightmarish English taxes, which few people can pay - but only Freddie is spoken in this tone!

Even his illness and death are spoken without elementary human sympathy. And on this mournful occasion they did not say kind words about Freddie! At best, this is reported in the cold, dispassionate tone of the television director: "Freddie Mercury died on November 24, 1991 in his luxurious mansion in Kensington from bronchial pneumonia caused by AIDS" (even at that moment remember to recall the luxurious house!).

No pity - just a naked statement of fact ... Peter Hougen, seems to have tried to regret Freddie, but it turned out he had somehow awkward:

"... He died, and the death of a patient with AIDS is not the easiest. Slow, painful extinction - all those who for at least a second touch in real life with the victims of this disease, immediately stop sharply condemning someone's sexual orientation "...

No one condemns. What can not you say about biographers - otherwise why do they constantly talk about it? In addition, Hougen appeals not to personally regret Freddie Mercury, but in general all AIDS patients are homosexual, and this phrase is just another reminder of ... the right thing about that.

But the funeral word for Freddie's death: "He recorded good music, he was funny and put his inexplicable magic into this." Or: "Freddie remained showman until the end. He did not want to hear about the dissolution of the group after his death "...

Not much. You can imagine such a speech at a funeral:

"Gentlemen! The deceased was a good clown! He tumbled hilariously! ".

But this is still a correct option. Many biographers note that Freddie does not deserve pity, since his death is a sad, but logical result of his depraved life. And sometimes they do not even hide their joy at the misfortune that happened to Freddie. Here is what A. Galin writes:

"Mercury fearlessly raced through life in his luxury car, overcoming obstacles like the Speed ​​Racer from the Japanese animated series. "Beat the first, Freddie!" Shouted enthusiastic spectators, but struck first with AIDS ... ".

"I had more lovers, both men and women, than Elizabeth Taylor," Mercury often repeated ... ".

"And here begins the most sad and most heroic chapter in the history of the group. Surrounded by the respect and love of his colleagues and fans, Freddie Mercury slowly died for five years ... Freddie Mercury tried everything in this life - he got fame and fortune, the joy of creativity and the realization of his wildest fantasies. He died on November 24, 1991 at the age of 45 in his luxurious mansion in proud solitude, the silence of which was disturbed only by the rustling of his furry cats' feet. At a later tribute concert, a kind of musical memorial service in honor of Mercury, Elizabeth Taylor delivered a lengthy speech in which she emphasized that artists should take better care of their health and use condoms "...

Amen, and long live the condom - something that was so lacking in the insane life of Freddie Mercury! It was impossible to come up with the best gravestone! And all this text is a complete nonsense. Let us take, for example, "death in proud solitude." It seems that this person has never seen cats in his life - if he still does not know that they walk silently! And the silence of Mercury's house on the day of his death was broken by at least six people - his friend Dave Clark, three servants and two Zoroastrian priests. The seventh person is Mary Austin, shortly before her death Freddie went home ... And what "crazy fantasies" there is talking about ?!

And there is nothing "heroic" in this vulgar text. There is only a ruffian attitude towards the death of a man - a great man!

But this is not the most disgusting thing. Rick Sky, as always, outscored all. With the pathological joy of a sadist, he describes the torment and death of Freddie. Here's how he described the shooting of the video "I Am Going Slightly Mad", during which Freddie was already dying:

"Freddy enters. Where is his confident look, where is his well-groomed body, shiny skin, his muscles? The pale face is covered with spots, the clothes hang on tiny pieces on the skinny body ... "

And this is how he describes the death of Freddie - in fact, his book begins with this:

"Breathing hard, Freddie lay ... on his huge bed, on which, as he boasted, six can fit ... Around him were bags of letters from fans ... but he did not care ... Compared to the life that led this bisexual singer, Elton John is an innocent daisy. "

Speaking of his illness, during which Freddie showed incredible courage, continuing to work and suffering terrible pains for years without a groan, Rick Skye accused him ... of cowardice - why he did not confess, did not publicly talk about AIDS ...

This can not even be commented on ...

* * *

Let us dwell on this. I hope, now you understand what goals these people are pursuing.

And there is nothing surprising in the fact that the study of the work of Freddie Mercury and Queen has been full of stagnation for many years. Hundreds of books, newspaper and magazine articles have been published, fan clubs, special Internet sites have been created, numerous seminars and discussions have been held - and zero, nothing.

For twenty-five years there is not a single intelligible interpretation of even one complex song or video! Even "Bohemian Rhapsody", the simplest of the "puzzles Queen", has not yet been deciphered! Nobody explained the symbols of the emblem of "Queen" and the scenic costumes of Mercury! And if one of the researchers decides to explain something ... oh, it would be better if they were silent - it would be easier for everyone! Because nothing but psychosis, drugs, anal sex and other abominations, and at best psychoanalysis, they can not offer - such is their intellectual level!

Stray Queen fans make naive attempts to interpret the group's lyrics themselves - which they do on pages of fanzines and on special websites on the Internet. But all this does not go beyond the level of weak children's writings on literature. Sometimes, themselves entangled in their own research, such grief-interpreters write: "Who knows what Freddie wanted to say ...". My teachers in this case said: you can not - do not try for a topic ... However, it is a sin to curse them. Poor children are not to blame for not being taught anything - and they are floundering in the sea of ​​complex images of Queen, like blind kittens.

It should be so. If you approach the creativity of Mercury with a dictionary of homosexuals, lesbians and drug addicts and the works of Dr. Freud, the result will be just such - vulgar and lamentable.

Much in the work of Freddie Mercury and Queen is inaccessible for understanding, but this does not mean that you should retreat and carry nonsense. Yes, it is difficult, but it can be learned. And if the researchers wanted to understand his work, they would have done it long ago.

Meanwhile, the work of Mercury and Queen can not be understood without knowledge of ancient mythology, symbolism, astrology, medieval Western European literature, Persian classical poetry and heroic epos, philosophy, Christian religion, classical painting and Persian miniature, opera and ballet. And you can not even approach Mercury without knowing Zoroastrianism ...

19