Page 95

In "Made In Heaven", the origin of Mercury is seen, as in no other of his songs (except perhaps "My Fairy King"). In fact, this mini-poem, reminiscent of the creations of the Persian poet and philosopher Mesnevi, poems by Nizami and Fizuli. It raises questions about freedom of will and divine predestination - a problem that has always worried the Persian poets - both Muslim and Zoroastrian. But do not exaggerate the fatalistic notes of "Made In Heaven", as some researchers have done, calling this song a hymn to fatalism and despair. Rather, it is obedience to God's will, a willingness to bow to the incomprehensible and incomprehensible will of heaven. Mercury also talks about his mission, his role in history, which he will perform, no matter how hard he was:

I'm racing with the fate of the race, I want to play my part,I live with heavy memories, I love with all my heartBy the will of heaven, by the will of heaven.All this had to be - by the will of heaven.They say - can not you see?Everyone says - can not you see?Oh, I know, I know, it's true!In the depths of my heart I understand -So it really should be.I have to learn how to pay bills,My soul is turned inside out,I'm waiting for the prospects, but there are not so many of them ...When there is bad weather, this is the will of the heavens.When the warm weather opens the clouds -I want it to last forever,Forever ... by the will of heaven!I play my part in history, I try to find my goal,I suffer from all misfortunes, but I give my whole heart to my work ...That's what everyone says - wait and see.So it really should be,Everyone tells me this.Yes, it was clear, it had to be so -So it is written on the stars.

As you can see, there is little fatalism here, and there is no despair. There is a philosophical poem, a religious hymn. There is a willingness to bear the cross, fulfilling its preaching mission - by the will of the heavens. There is a hymn to the universe and a passionate desire that the world, no matter how overwhelmed with sorrows, should exist forever.

In the colorful video clip, reminiscent of the Renaissance painting, Mercury, standing on a huge globe, watches over humanity, which fights, falls in love, suffers, works, fights, prays - and descends into the earth, generation after generation. All this turns out to be a scene in a certain performance, and in the finale Freddie appears in the company of a beautiful girl, symbolizing the couple of the first people from whom all of humanity came-Christian Adam and Eve, Zoroastrian Mashia and Mashiana. And if you say easier - a man and a woman. Mankind continues to play its role ... With Mercury's philosophical text, the clip has turned into an amazing spectacle that makes one seriously think about the meaning of life and is not able to leave anyone indifferent.

"Heaven For Everyone" was written by Roger Taylor for his solo project and performed by Mercury. In the abridged version, the song was included in the last album "Queen" "Made In Heaven". The theme, traditional for Queen, is again touched - this world could be a paradise if people behaved like human beings.

Here there can be a paradise for everyone.This world can be full and happy.There can be love for everyone.This world can be free, this world must be one.We must give love to our sons and daughters.

In the video clip "Barcelona" Mercury appears with Montserrat Caballe in the scenery, stylized inside the Zoroastrian temple. The same columns, as the sacred fire - Atar burns in the ancient lamp-cups, and everywhere lights and lights shine - symbols of God's will and immortality. At the visual level, the lyric song turns into a religious hymn.

In "Fallen Priest" ("The Fallen Priest"), the topic of choice between Mercy's service and human happiness is again relevant to Mercury.

We are mortal,In the hands of the Gods, governors of destiny,Looking for a paradise on earth,And it's so hard to find.We are mortal,The victims of their weaknesses and passions,We are striving for heights ...But I promised to serve (the Church).I must stand up in front of debauchery and sin ...

The music "Time" was written by Mercury on the text of Dave Clarke for his musical "The Time". In the performance of Mercury, the song turned into a powerful spiritual hymn, thinking about the transience of time, the fragility of the universe and human madness, a preaching call to rethink, there is still a chance: after all, people have so little time - and each person and our whole civilization. Mercury again calls people to stop being deaf and blind - and to understand, at last, the simplest things: if people want a future for themselves and their children, they should become softer and kinder to each other.

Time waits for no one.Together we must decide what to hope for,Otherwise, we generally will not have a future.Time waits for no one.We behave like deaf and blind people.I know it sounds angry,But it seems to me that we do not hear at allAnd at all we do not speak about that,That time runs away from us ...You do not need me to understand your mistakes.You yourself know what's going on,But I think,That we are not attentive to each otherAnd we do not trust each other at all.It seems that we are all stuck to the wall.Time waits for no one and nothing.We must trust each other,Otherwise, we generally will not have a future ...Let's learn to be friends,Otherwise, we generally will not have a future ...Let's make this world forever free.And we will build a completely new future for all of us.

In the video, Mercury preaches his sermon on the background of space - a symbol of eternity, a space where time is irretrievably gone. But the hymn is full of optimism and hope for the best - Freddie appears with a crowd of teenagers singing "no time waits for everyone", "let's build a completely new future for all of us." The new generation can become better and more reasonable than the previous ones - all hope for them, young people. In the finale, they all disappear, and Freddie remains alone against the background of the cosmos, shrill sings: "Time waits for no one and nothing". People are mortal, every new generation will leave, but while people are still alive, while children are born - alive and hope for the best.

The song "In My Defense" (on Dave Clarke's verses) for the musical "The Time" Mercury turned into a sad reflection on the misfortunes of the world and his own role in it.

What else can I say in my defense?All the mistakes that we made,Must be courageously met.It's not easy now, you know where to start,And the world we love is torn to pieces.I'm just a singer singing a song.What can I do to rectify the injustice?I'm just a singer who composes music.I'm trapped by my elusive dream.What else can I say in my defense?We kill love, this is our choice.We never listen attentively,We never look at the truth in person,And love, like a passing songHe lives among us, and then leaves ...O heavenly powers, O heavenly powers!How should I be, do we live or die?Help me, God!Please help me!

95