Page 24

And, finally, the worst thing is that it gives confidence to journalists and biographers and makes them lie so brazenly and self-confidently.

Freddie was betrayed by his friends. Those who saw from him only good and enjoyed his good deeds. Not all, of course, but, alas, too many of his friends rushed to frank about Freddie's gay adventures and addiction earlier than his body had cooled down. And the biographies were enlarged with what they so lacked - by the testimony of false witnesses. The testimony against Freddie was also given by members of the gay community.

And what happened is that it does not fit into consciousness at all. Freddie was declared homosexual to his women - Mary Austin and Barbara Valentine. They gave detailed testimony to the press and told her all the filth that was asked of them. This was the last blow to the sense of common sense readers - how can you not believe that Mercury is gay and a drug addict if everyone says it - his biographers, his friends, his women ... If this is written in all books, on all sites on the Internet , In all newspaper and magazine articles! They can not all lie!

They can. If it is a well-organized and generously funded international conspiracy. If someone is paid for a lie. If the main goal of all who write about Mercury is to make them believe in this man's exceptional depravity. If the information about Mercury is subjected to strict censorship. If those who say otherwise, no one listens. If a friend is an envious little thing, and a friend is an unscrupulous spiteful cat.

However, everything is in order.

These nasty stories can already serve as proof of Freddie's innocence. In Russia, there is a good saying: "Lie, lie, do not falter." Lying is believable, so that they believe. And these slanderers sometimes just "carry". They overdone it, just in accordance with the Russian saying "Make a fool to pray to God - he will break his forehead".

Before voluntarily taking on the duties of the sanitizers, we will conduct a small psychological warm-up in the style of yoga - it will help all those entering into the stinking cloaca called "books about Mercury."

Relax, close your eyes and imagine Freddie Mercury. And now imagine the following: Mercury sniffs cocaine, Mercury screams and bats his head on the battery, Mercury in a cigarette smears pots, Mercury swears at women, Mercury jumps in bed with two peasants and one woman, Mercury has sex with a man, a man has sex With Mercury ... In fact, presenting Freddie Mercury with his noble face doing all this is more difficult than imagining Mother Teresa dancing the cancan.

The very face of Freddie can already serve as a certificate of his innocence. People who are mired in sins, vicious and bawdy faces - Freddie's face is beautiful and noble, and his kind, shining eyes are not at all like the dull, malicious eyes of singers-addicts ...

And now we take turns to consider the arguments about the incredible viciousness of Mercury. Let's start with addiction.

So, biographers say that Mercury was not only a cocaine addict himself, but he regularly arranged crazy parties for insane money, on which the drug was distributed to the guests quite openly. These parties were attended by his friends, acquaintances, the press ... The evidence of some of his friends and alleged friends and journalists who saw this was preserved. Among the witnesses is our old acquaintance, Ruth Skye ...

Stop. So, the sources of information are all the same "grandmothers on the bench" ?! All the same yellow press ?! All the same evil envious! And besides the usual fatigue, they again can not provide anything ?!

Exactly.

So Mercury did not even hide his vice? Not only did cocaine smell openly and distributed it to guests, but also invited the press to these events? Good. Show me, please, photos.

Show photos of Mercury and his guests sniffing cocaine. How they are not present ?! Hence, none of the dozens of paparazzi who attended these events, and did not make a single picture, for each of which the editorial board would pay him at least ten thousand pounds? Could not Rick Sky have made a single photo ?!

And since when has cocaine been legalized in the UK and Germany? Since when is this not prosecuted by law?

If Mercury openly held cocaine parties, the police would certainly visit such an event and forwarded Freddie and his guests to the nearest department. What a noise the press would raise! And Freddie could hardly avoid trial and imprisonment.

But at Mercury for all the years of his career there was not one such arrest, not one drive to the police!

Could this be? Did he bribe the police?

But he could not bribe the workers of all airports in the world! For twenty years of constant traveling and touring, he and his Queen colleagues have passed customs checks hundreds of times in dozens of airports. And for all these years none of the Queen's members have ever been detained with any gram of drugs! Meanwhile, a rare release of music news is dispensed with the message that some star did not get caught in customs with a bag of heroin or "grass". All celebrities who regularly used drugs sooner or later came across and were under arrest - John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Whitney Houston ... Mercury, what, special?

And if he openly used cocaine, he certainly would not have condemned the drugs in his interviews:

"Drugs?" No, we do not use them.

- Drugs - a terrible thing ... This is a great evil ...

Many celebrities who use drugs in public speak with their condemnation. But such people at least hide their vice from others. And in this case, Mercury publicly snorts cocaine, and then also publicly talks about the dangers of drugs. Where is the logic?!

If he was a drug addict, he would have said so straightforward. He would do the same if he were a homosexual. Freddie was a very sincere person and hated the lies that Zoroastrians consider one of the most terrible human sins. He always said "I hate to pretend, I hate to adapt," and I wanted people to perceive him as he is. And he never concealed his sins and weaknesses.

In an interview on the question of whether Freddie and his team use alcohol, he cheerfully replied: "Oh yes, we love to drink. Sometimes we get drunk as it should ... ". In the studio and during the interview, he sipped vodka and tonic, without fear of accusations of drunkenness. As an avid smoker, Freddie never participated in the sanctimonious anti-nicotine campaigns. In the midst of the fight against smoking in the West, he openly puffed at a cigarette during the interview, risking anger not only among the "progressive public" but also Balsar the elder - in Zoroastrians smoking is considered a sin, and the old father probably swore at times when he saw on the television screen Smoking son.

Biographers themselves are aware of these contradictions - and there are false "confessions", which we spoke about in the previous chapter.

When Freddie said that he never used drugs, he did not lie. His youth friends confirmed that the young Freddie did not touch drugs and especially hated marijuana - for example, his neighbor in the apartment, Mick Smith, testified to it. Young Freddie Balsara never participated in group "balding", which was arranged by the bohemian students who lived with him in the same apartment. Sometimes for "high" the guys mixed marijuana in food - Freddie did not even touch this kind of food.

Only once he tried marijuana, and it happened by sheer chance. Marijuana was sold in the Kensington market mixed with tea to discourage smell if tested. At home, the purchase was sifted, separating the "weed" from tea. One day someone brought home a packet of drugs and left, leaving the purchase in the kitchen. Arriving home, Freddie decided to drink a seagull. Returning friends found him unusually cheerful and excited. But this time was the last.

Freddie himself once jokingly recalled how the police came to them at the apartment - it was caused by neighbors who smelled the smell of marijuana and became brutalized from home rock concerts. Friends were lucky - all marijuana was at that time in cakes, which they treated the police.

24