Page 61

You will be told that Freddie is recognized as a great rock musician, that the criticism of his work has stopped with his death, that Queen has taken its rightful place and even included in the regional guide Britannia, along with The Beatles and Rolling Stones, that many Famous singers call Freddie their teacher ... You still have a lot of things to say, but be aware - all these are empty, meaningless words. England has demonstrated to the whole world its respect for Freddie Mercury.

Bryan May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon ordered a monument to his deceased friend. They did everything for their own money, and the authorities required one thing - to give permission for its installation. It was very important for them - the place of the grave of Freddie remained unknown, and his friends and fans had simply nowhere to come.

Four years the musicians bypassed all state and London instances - and everywhere they refused. They refused all the London parks, squares, squares. And the heads of the Ealing College, in which he studied Freddie, also mocked - they allowed to put the monument on ... parking lot! All this time the monument was in the garden of Brian May - in all of England for him there was no other place. With the restraint of the Englishman, Brian May said: "We are shocked by the refusal of England. A country for which Freddie has done so much ... ". The monument was installed in the Swiss city of Montreux.

Biographers explain this incident by the unwillingness of the London authorities to contact the influx of fans. But the fear of the fans for some reason did not prevent the installation of the monument to the Beatles. In Trafalgar Square, they are going to install a monument to Lennon - next to Nelson, another monument to Lennon is installed in Cuba - in gratitude for his tender love for the left, and Liverpool has long turned into a big "museum" The Beatles ".

In the US there are lifetime monuments of Sophia Loren and Michael Jackson. A few lifetime statues have many Hollywood actors. A monument to Elvis Presley was erected.

What is Freddie Mercury worse than all of them?

Of course, biographers do not talk about Lennon - otherwise the double standard would be too noticeable. They talk about the problems that Jim Morrison's grave creates for the Paris authorities - supposedly the London authorities did not want to have such a headache.

This comparison is false and incorrect. Jim Morrison has nothing to do with French culture - he is an American singer, and he is buried in Paris only because he had the misfortune to die while in this city, and his relatives and friends did not take care of sending the body home. His grave is really capable of creating problems, because Morrison is a representative of the drug culture, and many of his fans are distinguished by their respective behavior.

But Freddie Mercury, despite his Parsi origins, is an integral part of British culture, the greatest musician in the modern history of this country. His fans do not have antisocial behavior. In the five years that the Mercury monument stands, did his fans cause any disturbance to the authorities and inhabitants of Montreux?

His monument would bring a lot of money to the London treasury - but the desire to humiliate the memory of this man is more important than money!

Is it worth to say after that that not yet one memorial plaque in honor of Freddie Mercury has been installed - not in one of the houses where he lived, nor in the college where he studied? That at all the musical events of his memory there was not one official person, and after his death among the tens of thousands of wreaths sent from celebrities and ordinary people, there was not one official! That in 9 out of 10 British music encyclopedias Queen and Freddie Mercury are not even mentioned - which can not be said about the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and their leaders! And in the few that mention "Queen", Freddie is portrayed as a crazy homosexual! But John Lennon in the same reference books is called the author of touching songs about the world and about love - as if in the repertoire of Freddie Mercury there were no such songs!

Freddie and Queen never spoiled awards. For twenty years of brilliant career, the group that carried out the revolution in rock music and video art received only a few British awards. How many incompetent singers have five or six "Grammys" - Freddie did not have one. Only one of Queen's brilliant video clips won the award - "Innuendo". In 1987, EMI published in the British press a mocking article in which, listing all the achievements of the band for 1986, including the recognition of Queen by the best British band, and Freddie Mercury the best singer, ironically remarked: "And again Queen did not get Award of the British record industry ". Moreover, the group was not even mentioned at the awards ceremony! "Queen" received the award only in 1990,

Officials "did not notice" Freddie and his group. The pope, a great fan of meeting with rock musicians, stubbornly ignored Queen and forbade them to hold a concert in the Vatican. Maybe the Vatican is a place unsuitable for rock concerts?

No. A lot of concerts were held in the Vatican, including a repertoire, far from Christianity!

Queen Elizabeth also did not pay attention to the band, which brought worldwide fame to British rock music and made the UK the birthplace of the video clip. And this despite the fact that Freddie Mercury has always with great respects treated the monarchy and the personality of the queen. Moreover, each group completed its concert with a rock version of the British anthem "God Save the Queen", and the English youth in chorus picked up the familiar lines from childhood. It was a touching and patriotic spectacle.

But the queen is silent. Even condolences did not send, when he died.

Maybe, for her, rock music is too low a genre?

No. She personally presented the order to the Beatles - and this despite the massive drug addiction among the Beatles and the victims at their concerts. She was not embarrassed by the fact that the winners smoked marijuana right in the toilet of Buckingham Palace. In the future, she paid for her populism - fallen into anarchy Lennon cursed the queen and returned the order.

Knighthood received Elton John - despite homosexuality, drunken drinking and sexual scandals. The ex-Beatle Paul McCartney became a knight, despite the arrests for drug trafficking. Most recently, he almost got the knighthood of Mick Jagger. His track record is impressive - a debauchee, a drug addict involved in drugs for the trial, a satanist. At his concerts there were sacrifices, his concert in the USA was particularly notorious, at which specially invited activists of the satanic organization "Angels of Hell" staged a massacre, to the death of a young Negro and injuring dozens of spectators. He did not become a new British knight just because the lady whom he made the child and refused to admit, sued him, demanding alimony. Jagger's paternity was proven, a scandal broke out,

And only for the "Queen" the queen does not have any rewards or titles - there was no kind word! And this is for a group called the "National Institute of England"! But her intercession could help Freddie and force many of his enemies to change their tone!

What's the matter? Certainly not in homosexuality - none of the creative homosexuals who died in recent years, including AIDS, received no insults - there was nothing remotely resembling a hysterical swelling around Freddie's death! And not in his work - to others and not to forgive. And if you take into account that Freddie is not guilty of anything ...

Now that "Queen" is recognized as a classic of rock, it's hard to imagine what these people fell on their way to fame. Hundreds of books and articles are written about "the phenomenon of" Queen ", and none - about" the phenomenon of persecution "Queen".

Meanwhile, what was happening around "Queen", has no analogues - such a hatred, ostracism and discrimination not experienced by any Western rock band in the history of rock. The situation around "Queen" can only be compared with the persecution of "informal" musicians in the Soviet Union.

1

In June 2002, Mick Jagger still became a new British knight.

61