Guardian - a Hartbig fanfic

Hannah's POV :

It was the first day of college , and i was so nervous.

Even though i had already been living on campus for a month or two , i hadn't met almost anyone besides my roommate , Mamrie.

Mamrie was a tall girl , with red hair and a lip piercing. She would always be home , never saw her leave once. She starting using youtube , and making videos she called " You Deserve A Drink" which i didn't understand because we weren't allowed alchohol on campus.

She was trying to get me to start youtube , but i couldn't think of any ideas.

I had just pulled on a SnapBack with a tee-shirt that had all the names of the Harry potter books on them , which my mom had given me a few years ago for my birthday.

Was this to casual for my first day of college ? I didn't know. I had no idea how to even function as a person.

I went downstairs , grabbing my phone first , of course , and grabbed a muffin.

As i made my way back to the elevator to go back to my room , i was tripped by what i assumed was my shoelace , but they were both double knotted. I turned , and it was Amanda.

Now , Amanda and i have a history. We dated for about a year and a half during our senior year of high school. She had convinced me she was gay as hell , and once we slept together , explained she was straight and left me. And that's not all

She had put a microphone on the bedframe. She then played it for everyone in the whole school , my inhuman noises.

I was forced to leave school.

I moved out of boston to start over. I came to la because i figured she wouldn't follow.

But here we are.

" hannah ." , she said , as i picked myself up from the floor .

" what do you want ?" , i asked.

" I figured LA would be warm , so i moved. I didn't know you came here. Guess those moans were actually bad enough to move you faaaar..." , she said, smirking.

I turned on my heel and began towards the elevator.

And when i got up to my dorm , mamrie was gone , which was unusual.

I walked in , and my room was completely trashed.

Someone wrote " FAG " in big red spray paint on the celing above my bed.

The room started spinning , my clothes were on the floor and the lamp was knocked over. They threw my laptop so it lay open on the floor , and cut the tv cables.

I began hyperventilating , i didn't mean to.

I slammed the door and slit down the wall , the word fag staring at me , as i choked out a sob.

I had class on the other side of campus in less than three minutes , and here i am , ruining my eyeliner and crying at the writing on the ceiling.

I got up , grabbed my yellow shirt i used as pajamas , and began scrubbing at the red paint.

Why would someone do this ? I don't understand what i did , but I'm sure it had something to do with Amanda.

I began sobbing as the red remained , and gave up and flopped onto my bed .

I couldn't help but cry.

•••

Graces POV

i had less than thirty seconds to get to class and i knew there was no way i could make it.

I was running though the dorms in my vans , trying not to make too much noise.

I heard the moaning and swears of a boy and a girl from a room , great.

I kept going , until , guess what.

My backpack strap broke.

"Shit " i cursed under my breath. I crouched down to begin picking up my books , when i heard not moaning , but crying coming from a door.

I tucked a brown strand behind my ear and slowly got up , and knocked on the door.

" Go away Mamrie!" , the girl ( I'm guessing) screamed .

Mamrie ? Is mamrie her roommate?

I twisted the doorknob and began to slowly open it.

Inside i found a small girl with a half shaved head and short hair crying at some red things on her Celing.

The room was trashed.

" Um ..." , i started .

" who are you .?" , the girl asked sitting up

She had these beautiful eyes , and her hair was adorable

" um .. I heard you crying and ... Um." I couldn't find the words.

" I'm sorry , but you need to leave. " she said.

I was only trying to help .. I hate when people are sad.

" but ... Are you okay , or ..?"

" I'm f-fine , please get out. "

I looked at her for a second , and closed the door slowly . before i closed it completely , " wait ", she said. I opened it again.

" What's your name ?"

I smiled a little.

" Grace." I said , grinning.

" Hannah " she nodded.

I closed the door again and finished picking my things up and made my way to class.

•••

Once I got there, i was almost five minutes late. I knocked on the door and opened it.

I let go of the handle , feeling everyone's eyes.

" You realize you're late on the first day , do you. " The professor said.

He looked about 40, and had bright blue eyes.

" oh , um -- yeah , I'm sorry about that. You see i was coming and my bag broke and the--"

" i didn't ask. " he replied.

Ouch.

The class reacted.

"Oooooo"

" Excuse me ?" I began.

" take a seat , Please. "

I walked over to an empty seat and began dreading this class for the whole year.

I played with the frayed edge of my bad while he droned on , and on about Alexander the Great , until the there was a knock at the door.

Everyone looked up as Hannah walked in the door.

She had fixed her makeup and made it show no signs of crying.

She walked in slowly , and said " Excuse me ?" She looked around , and spotted me. I smiled at her and she smiled back, laughing a bit.

" i see you two know eachother?" The teacher who i had recently found out was named Mr. Grier ( a/n BC THE BLUE EYES AHAHAH IM FUNNY BYE ) asked hannah.

" yeah kinda ." She laughed.

" take a seat , ms. Hart. "

Hart.

That's mamrie's last name!

•••

I'm sorry that sucked so bad i can't write . I have so many ideas for Fanfics that i like but i can't write them , sorry :)