96- Nerdy James

Can we imagine for a second that teenage James was not an arrogant, self-centred prat but an awkward, nerdy and clumsy boy:

- James abruptly dropping his books every time Lily walks into a room

- James pushing his glasses up his nose every few seconds when Lily is nearby because merlin's beard, the sweat

- James and Lily having to work on a transfiguration project together and them actually enjoying each other's presence, James only making a fool of himself twice. Imagine them staying up way too late in the library, surrounded by piles of books, laughing their asses off at nerdy jokes

- James's friends forcing him to go ask Lily out but at the last minute he backs out and asks her if she's seen his socks... which then leads to an awkward conversation of  "Well um... they're red, they um, well they have Sirius's face all over them because well it was a present and- you know what I think I saw them under my bed actually."

- James and Lily secretly loving each other since day one but they don't even want to admit it to themselves. But every one at Hogwarts knows and they organise little tricks for them to always end up walking together, sitting together, studying together. James and Lily keep denying it and it's driving everyone crazy because they're both crazy for each other but neither one of them will admit it first.

- James pretending he doesn't get something in Potions just so he has an excuse to talk to Lily. They both know he actually understands it perfectly well but it doesn't matter because it means they can spend more time together without admitting that they actually enjoy each other's company.

- James stuttering and stammering over his words for a good fifteen minutes before managing to ask Lily out for the first time. During the whole time Lily has a half exasperated half amused face but goodness how much she loves him and she just wants him to finish so she can kiss him already.

A/N

Just a little thought as i can't seem to get to sleep, and it's been ages. Merry Christmas everyone :))

Love,
-P x