83- Why do you hate me so much?

"Why do you hate me so much?" Scorpius Malfoy casually leaned back against the wall, one leg bent with his foot propped up against the wall, his arms lazily folded across his muscular chest.

Lily Potter rolled her eyes and shuffled on her bed, creasing the baby blue covers. Her long legs stretched out in front of her, her back leaning against the wall that her bed was pushed up against. She could hear the yells and cheering of her cousins and friends in the garden below even through the closed window. Her room was brightly illuminated by the beating, midday sun. She didn't even know why Scorpius had invited himself into her room. But she did know that she wanted him out.

"Please leave, Scorpius." Lily sighed, tired of playing his little game. Why did he need everyone to like him anyway? He already had every single girl swooning at his feet, so what difference would it make if he had one more girl?

"I know you don't like me and I want to know why. Everyone likes me but you." Scorpius replied stubbornly, passing a hand through his fluffly, almost-white hair, making it stick up even more.

"That's the problem with you Scorpius, you think everyone likes you, you think everyone HAS to like you or they're weird or something. You're so conceited, but hear this Mr. Fucking Malfoy: I don't like you and never will so go hook up with one of your little bitches and get the fuck out of my room." she retorted, glaring daggers at him.

Scorpius edged towards the door, his eyes wide with surprise, a shocked look painted on his face. "You swear a lot for a girl." he said once he recovered.

But that was exactly the one thing not to say. "I swear, if you don't get your fat, arrogant arse out of my room in the next ten seconds, I will fucking beat the hell out of your-"

"Okay okay!" Scorpius raised his voice over her yells. "I'm leaving, calm down."

Lily narrowed her eyes. "You're pathetic."

The sun slowly started to set over the horizon, its colours expanding while its blurry reflection drifted on the waves of the ocean, crashing against the bottom of towering cliffs, spraying salty water high into the sky. Lily's cousins and friends had left and only Aunt Hermione was staying for dinner, that Ginny was busy preparing in the kitchen. Lily and her aunt walked along the pebble beach, the soft colours calming Lily's leftover anger.

"I heard you had an argument with Scorpius earlier." said Hermione after a while, turning to look at Lily, whose gaze was fixed on the raging ocean.

She scowled. "He's an annoying prat."

Hermione gave her an amused look. "Is that all?"

"No- he's conceited, self-centred, idiotic, arrogant and rude." Lily counted on her fingers and grabbed a small, round, grey pebble and violently flung it at the sea.

"No Lily," Hermione pursed her lips. "I mean, 'is that all' as in, do you have any different emotions for Scorpius?"

This time, Lily stared at Hermione, their almost identical hazel eyes meeting. However, she didn't answer.

Hermione took a seat on a large, flat rock and Lily did the same, fustratedly playing with her fingers.

"Love is a weird thing you know, we never want to show it for some reason. Like we shouldn't be feeling it, like loving is a sin. But it's so far from that, Lily. We shouldn't be ashamed of it. See, with Ron when we were still at Hogwarts, we weren't all lovey dovey and we both loved eachother. We were angry and pretended to be annoyed. We do that because we want to shield ourselves from how much it hurts if we ever lose what we love. So straight up, we don't want to love." the older woman explained softly.

"But the more you love the more vulnerable you are. It's so easy to get hurt when you love." Fustration built up inside of Lily as she struggled to understand why everyone risks everything for love.

"Maybe, but you're 15, you've got time and you can't help the feeling so stop hiding it from yourself Lily. Stop pushing him away."

That was the day Lily Potter realised that she was deeply, madly in love with Scorpius Malfoy, and had been for so many years.

A/N
Hey! If you haven't read my new update schedule it's in the author's note in the previous chapter. Have a great day/night everyone <3

Love,
-P x