64- Remembering

One shot for you. Hope you like it.

Remus raced up to his room in Grimmauld Place, desperate to get his hands on his old photos and letters. It was the week after Sirius had died, passing through the veil. Nothing had ever made him pain as much, as if his insides were on fire, as if everything he had ever lived for was for nothing. Rummaging through his drawers he finally pulled out an oddly shaped stack of papers, tightly secured with an elastic band. Remus fell back. Sitting on the edge of his crease-less bed, he pulled out the elastic and didn't even bother to neatly arrange the photos in front of him; he just messed and mixed them up.
He lifted a crumpled letter, and slowly a smile creeped up on his face: It was one from his seventh year during Christmas holidays, one that he'd probably never forget. It was the one informing him that James was going out with Lily. Finally. He stifled a sigh. He picked up a small black and white picture, first year, with James, Sirius and Peter. It was all of them by the black lake, under a huge cherry tree. They had their arms around each other's shoulders with wide grins on their faces. The picture moved and they swayed in the wind, laughing and messing up each other's hair. The next photo was one of Sirius and James kissing his cheeks from either side of him on his 14th birthday. Pete was probably taking the photo, Remus laughed, but then that burning rage bubbled up inside of him and the desperation of revenge making his body twitch. There were letters from Lily to him, photos of him hugging her around the waist or kissing her cheek. Then there was James proposing to Lily while he and Sirius hid in the bushes but Sirius' laughing had given them away. James' wedding day, him kissing his beautiful redhead wife Mrs. Potter. Soon bright eyed baby Harry came along with his sparkling emerald eyes and cheeky grin. There were so many more but Remus had to tear his eyes away. Before he knew it, tears were pouring out of his eyes and a deep loneliness clawed at him. He had never felt so alone, so utterly helpless. He crashed onto his bed and huddled into a tight ball, his eyes shut as if sewn closed, his throat burning with agony. Violent spasms shook his body and sobs escaped his trembling lips. He subconsciously waited for someone to come in and rock him to sleep, just as James would have done. He waited, and waited. But there were no achingly familiar whisperings. No softly sung lullabies by Sirius.

They were gone.

OH My gOd, 10k views and 1k votes! I really just cannot believe it! Thank you all so much, those newbies and the ones that have stuck since the beginning, you are all truly appreciated. Thank you for sticking up with my recently slow updates, will make it up to you. I promise.

Vote, comment and follow me :)
Love and Hugs <3
Pineappleee x

Harry Potter Headcanons and Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें