78- The Full Moon Disaster

As requested by Writeaholic4567

The full moon shone bright and early and hung high in the sky, dimly illuminating the vast grounds. Inside a tall tower at the top of the ginormous Hogwarts castle, a young, light haired boy paced about his dormitory, agitated. Suddenly the door was swung open, revealing a tall, dark and long haired boy, whose gaze fixed him with concern.

"Time to go, Moony." the dark haired boy urged him, leaning in the doorway. "The others are already downstairs."

The light haired boy gave a curt nod and followed him down the stairs, his heart beat quickening.

"Ready Remus?" James asked the light haired boy, Remus, as soon as he had joined them.

Remus bit his bottom lip and stuffed his sweaty hands into his pockets before summoning all his courage and responding with another tight nod. It wasn't the first time this would happen but he felt particularly nervous that day and a sense of foreboding washed over him. Come on idiot, you're almost at the end of your seventh year, don't be such a coward, Remus scolded himself firmly.

The dark haired boy, Sirius, led the way downstairs, through several long corridors before erupting into the grounds. The air was icy but still, and with their ears red and noses tickling, the three boys as well as a short, blonde boy, Peter, set off into the night, sticking to the shadows. They arrived, unnoticed, at the foot of a huge, towering tree with long, thin branches entwined and sticking up all over. Cautious not to touch it, they approached.

Remus' mind wandered, but he could already feel his consciousness ebb away, replaced with an atrocious hunger for blood. Before he knew it, he was being shoved into a tunnel, this was routine so he continued unflinchingly until the narrow passageway opened up to a large, dark room. Dust covered every open surface and dead rats littered the corners of the room.

"I forget how dirty this place is Every. Damn. Time." Sirius sniffed, looking around with disgust.

Peter nudged Sirius urgently. "Sirius!" he hissed and threw his head in the direction of Remus.

Remus' facial features slowly started to melt into animal like ones. Fur rapidly grew along his spine and his ears shot up. He dropped onto all fours, screaming with agony until his yells were replaced with howls. Ear-splitting, werewolf howls.

The three other boys had disappeared, but in their place stood a stag, a big black dog and a small rat. The werewolf instantly calmed down and huddled into one corner, whining. The dog gently nuzzled him while the tall, powerful stag stood guard by the entrance and the tiny rat scurried between the two. Time passed slowly but surely and rather soon it was close to dawn.

In an instant, the werewolf jumped to his feet as a new smell overwhelmed his senses. Someone was coming! But no one bursted in, gasping, a terrified look painted on their face. Prongs shot over, attempting to lay him down again. But the werewolf howled and raced off, running straight through the tunnel and into the open air, spitting and snapping. Prongs and Padfoot were close behind him with Wormtail hurrying behind, but the werewolf hissed them off furiously with bared teeth. They jumped in surprise at that; in their animal forms, the werewolf never attacked them. He never even showed any aggressive signs.

Footsteps steadily approached them but the werewolf stayed eerily silent, waiting. His amber eyes glowed fiercly in the darkness of the night as he cautiously scanned his surroundings. Moments later, a slim figure erupted out of the shadows, with her flaming red hair pulled up into a bun and her nervous face pulled down into a frown.

"Hello?" she called uncertainly.

Silence.

Neither of them moved.