28- Bruises

A/N: thought I could maybe try to do a few one shots once in a while. Let's give it a go! Tell me what you think? It is based on a headcanon that I see pretty much everywhere.

It's March the second and Lily Luna is at Hogwarts, in her fifth year.
Lily stumbled out of the classroom, occasional sobs escaping her shaking lips. That was it, she had had enough and the next day she would break up with him. She climbed up the stairs to her dormitory and flopped down onto her bed, before feeling her cheek with a gentle hand. Her jaw was on fire and she could barely open her mouth. She had a deep cut over her lip, blood oozing out of it. She heard the door open wide, revealing the tall figure of Lucy. Her cousin, and best friend. But Lucy didn't know about this, and Lily quickly tried to hide her face. But it was too late, Lucy had noticed. She gasped.
She ran over to her cousin, her eyes wide with terror as she examined the bruises creeping onto Lily's cheek.
'What happened?' demanded Lucy, as she hurried back into the dormitory with wet tissue paper.
'It's nothing Luce. I promise. I just tripped and fell over.' Lily answered smoothly, although her jaw was burning. Lucy delicately dabbed her cuts, holding Lily's head steady with her other hand.
'Sure you did.' scoffed Lucy 'Don't you lie to me Lily Luna Potter!'
Lily nervously chewed her bottom lip, but in the end, gave in. It was Lucy afterall.
'It's Thomas isn't it?' Lucy sat down next to her cousin, her eyes hard and cold at the thought, but never the less she smiled encouragingly.
Lily nodded but before Lucy could start again she started to explain.
'It's my fault Lucy, I was really busy with all the work and could never see him very often, and when I did I was short tempered and rude. So he got cross, and- and...' She started, but being un able to finish her sentence.
'Lily. Listen to me now. Don't interrup until I've finished. You did nothing to deserve this. This isn't your fault. Thomas is a coward. He abused you and he's going to pay. Do you understand?' Lucy lectured.
'Lucy, no- this is all my fault I-' Lily protested, but almost immediately was interrupted again.
'Do you understand?' asked Lucy again, pronouncing each word slowly and clearly.
'Alright. Alright. I understand. But it still is partly my fault.' Lily was stubborn --much like her mother-- and wouldn't back out of an argument so fast.
'Lils. You should have come to me before, it's not like you. You're normally so independant. I wouldn't have thought you'd let yourself be abused like that. But you are beautiful, smart, incredibly talented and kind, and he's a fool if he doesn't realise that. You are worth so much more than he thinks.' Lucy argued.
'That's not what he said.' Lily muttered under her breath.
'Since when have you cared about what other people think? Where's the girl that wore the craziest socks in public? The girl that went to the great hall in her hideous onesie? What happened to you Lily?' Lucy whispered.
'I don't know Luce. I don't know. She disappeared didn't she, that girl? Thomas did this didn't he?' admitted Lily, ashamed as she realised what had happened to her. How much she had changed in the past couple of months. Lucy didn't answer. But the silence certainly did.
'I don't feel very well Lucy. Not only my jaw.'
'He didn't only physically abuse you, but verbally as well didn't he?'
'It wasn't only him. There was a bunch of his friends as well. But then he said that he still loved me. That he was sorry.'
'And he lied.'
Lucy managed to contact Harry and Ginny Potter with Professor McGonagall's permission and in minutes they were here.
Lily was sent straight back home with Teddy while her parents took care of Thomas and his gang. Well Harry let Ginny do the work; he knew she wanted to it more than anything.
'Lily?' said Teddy, Lily was patched up and had taken a few potions and was now on the swings in a park, close to the Potter Manor.
'Yeah?'
'You're beautiful and I love you.' he simply answered.
Lily giggled, lightly blushed and looked away in embarrassment.
'This is just like when you were a kid. When I told you that you'd giggle, blush and look away.' said Teddy.
'I wish we were still kids. Before you went to Hogwarts. Before everything.' Lily admitted, a certain longing in her voice.
'What do you mean everything?' asked Teddy, although he pretty much knew the answer to his question.
'Before people starting getting so... So mean. So rude. We used to all get along. It didn't matter before. Nothing mattered. We just played. Now people don't even care. They don't even care about anything.' Lily cried softly, although she kept her voice down.
'People change, Lily.'
'I know. But why?' she wondered, the voice cracking.
'We don't always know. Sometimes they find out that they don't really want eachother. Or necessarily need eachother. And that's that. We change. We move on.' Teddy tried to explain.
'But I don't want us to change. It'll always be Teddy and Lily. Best friends for life, just like when we were kids.'
Silence.
'Right?' she tried again, halting her swing with her feet.
'I don't know Lily.' Teddy admitted, chewing at his bottom lip.
'But we'll try right?' fretted Lily.
'Of course.' he promised, pecking her forehead and pulling her into a hug. 'You'll always be my princess, and i'll always be your prince. Not even Victoire can change that. Got it?' said Teddy.
'Got it.'