80- Doubts (Hinny)

As requested by Nadinethebookacorn_

The bright, orange light gradually started to fade out of the darkening sky, drawing the beautiful autumn day to an end. The dim light faintly illuminated the grass, that could barely be seen under the thick carpet of crunchy, red leaves that covered it. The setting sun was reflected in the calm waters, its colours blurry as they mixed in with the small lake, but still, the faint outline of a large circle could be made out. It was cold. Colder than it should be at this time of the year. It was too early for the edge of iciness in the air and the strong winds that slammed on his pale, vulnerable cheeks, burning them. The wind that night was razor-sharp and his eyes stung, almost watering as the wind blew furiously against them.

He drew his knees up to his body, shivering. His thoughts swirled and spun; he knew he should speak them aloud to make sense of them, but he couldn't bring himself to even open his mouth. Besides, anyone could sneak up behind him and tonight wasn't the night to make a fool of himself, considering the day he'd have tomorrow.

"You shouldn't be out here, love." A voice spoke from behind, making him jump. "It's too cold."

He turned his head to face the newcomer. "I don't mind the cold."

"I think you should, you wouldn't want to come down with the flu, considering the day you'll have tomorrow." she spoke gently but firmly.

"Gin, I'm fine." he spat through gritted teeth. Everyone was always talking about "tomorrow this" and "tomorrow that". Just the importance they put to it made him sure he was going to mess it up.

Ginny Weasley plopped down next to him by the water's edge, the rhythmic waves lapping at the ends of their shoes. "Harry, you're not fine."

Harry sighed fustratedly. "I'm not cold."

Ginny laughed softly. "You sound like a child. No, I'm not saying you're not fine because you're cold, I'm saying that there's something else bothering you." she chucked him a thick, grey hoodie that she'd picked up from their room when she'd spotted him through the window. "Isn't there?"

Harry hesitated while he slipped into the jumper. "I- Well..." he awkwardly cleared his throat. "No, nevermind. I'm fine, Ginny. Honestly, I feel great."

"Harry," she started seriously. "I'm going to marry you tomorrow, provided everything goes well, so you're going to have to learn to open up with me."

"It's just... all this pressure, the pressure that everyone puts down on me about tomorrow. I know, I know it's a big deal. But just because it is big deal, I know I'm going to mess it up."

"Oh Harry!" Ginny laughed, taking his hand. "Who cares if you mess it up, think of all the stories we could tell our children about tomorrow."

Harry smiled before his eyes grew wide. "You're not, you're not pregnant are you? I'm mean, if you are, that's great. But just... unexpected. Very, very unexpected."

"I'm not pregnant, Harry!" Ginny looked at him weirdly, holding in a laugh. "I'm just thinking about the future. Our future."

Harry's face stretched into a big, goofy grin at that. "Our future." he repeated tentatively, as if testing how it sounded on his lips.

They both remained silent as darkness settled in, claiming the sky as its own. Ginny shivered. Harry wrapped his arm around her waist and she rested her head against his shoulder, both of them absorbing the warmth and joy of eachother's company.

"Are you hesitant about the wedding?" Ginny asked suddenly, slighlty lifting her head.

Harry shook his head firmly. "No. I'd kill to get married with you, but luckily, I don't have to. I love you Ginny."

She fixed her gaze on Harry's bright green eyes, the ones she could spend hours staring into, the ones that came with the man she loved. The ones that came alive and lit up when he looked at her, the ones who shone with his love for her.

"I love you too Harry, but then what else is troubling you?"

He tried shrugging it off but her firm glare made him speak. "Well, you know, the things everyone worries about before a wedding. I'm scared I won't be enough, that I'll mess up with you. I'm scared that you'll realise you deserve better, that maybe I'm not the one for you. I'm scared I won't be able to make you happy, Ginny. Aren't you scared of things? It looks like you never have doubts."

"Oh trust me love, everything you said, I'm afraid of too. I just keep these things deep inside of me, you know I'm not one to speak my emotions. My feelings stay buried."

"Maybe it's time that changed." Harry smiled gently, eyes twinkling.

"But it's normal to have these doubts." said Ginny, ignoring what Harry had just said. "It wouldn't be a healthy marriage if we didn't doubt our worth to the other one. But, in time, these doubts will fade, I'm sure. We'll realise that because we love each other more than words can say, the rest doesn't matter. Our love can pull us through whatever obstacle blocks our path."

Harry grinned. "Are you, Ginny Weasley, being deep with me?"

"Oh Potter, if you repeat this to any living soul, I will have your throat. Cut. Off."

Harry leaned forwards and pushed her shoulders down, making her fall into a laying postion. He playfully wrapped a hand around her throat. "Not if I get yours first!"

Ginny attempted to push him off. "Get off, you great, fat lump!"

"Never!" Harry dropped down ontop of her, softly kissing her lips. Ginny grabbed his face between her hands while he tangled his hands in her long, auburn hair, their entire bodies touching.

They slowly broke away and Harry turned over, plopping down next to her.

"You know, as your very near future husband, you can tell me anything. And nothing you say could make me love you any less."

A/N
Hope this is alright! Please please comment or pm me any requests even if you're one of the people who have already done a request. They really challenge me and now you're getting several updates per week. I've done all the requests asked so go ahead and comment one.

Love,
-P