[6]

Y/N'S POV

My heart started to race. What did he want to talk about?

ME: About-

TAEHYUNG: Meet me tomorrow at the park at 6 after school.

He said in a serious tone or maybe it's cause I haven't had a full on conversation with him in forever.

ME: Umm, I have class-

TAEHYUNG: Skip it. You'll be fine.

He didn't even let me finish and with that he hung up. Why did he say it so serious? And why did he want to meet up? Whatever. I'm too tired to think right now...

I put my phone aside and fell fast asleep.

-NEXT MORNING-

I went to class today without Jungkook taking me. I just need some time to think.

He's been putting a lot of effort to impress me but I'm not sure why I'm just not on the same page as him.

Writing down some notes, I thought long and hard on what I should expect from Tae this evening.

After class, I headed towards the library to study a bit before heading to the park to meet up with him.

I was getting out my books and stuff until I saw Jungkook at my desk.

JUNGKOOK: What's wrong?

Our eyes met before I looked down at my books.

ME: Holy! You scared me. Why didn't you text me you were coming?

JUNGKOOK: Y/n, I did. I even called you too.

My eyes adverted down to my phone that was faced down.

ME: Oops...

Flashing him a cheeky smile, he sat down at the seat across from me.

JUNGKOOK: Why're you here instead of studying at home?

Should I tell him I'm meeting up with one of his boys and a former best friend of mine?

ME: I'm just a little tired that's all. My electric skateboard ran out of battery and I'm a little tired that's all.

JUNGKOOK: Cheer up!

He said in a cute voice and ruffled my hair. I smiled at him but told him to quiet down because we were getting stares left and right.

If he really is playing with my feelings, I will make sure he gets a taste of his own medicine.

This is gonna take me longer to think than I thought....

-----

I was on my way to the park and I looked at my phone for a time check.

It was half an hour past 6 and no sign of him.

I guess he's late. I walked to a bench and sat down.

»FLASHBACK«

"Tae...come back!" I said as I chased him around the park we always go to. He was way lot faster than me but he slowed down and let me catch him. "Tired?" he asked and I nodded. "C'mon," I said and pulled him to a bench. "Our friendship won't ever change...right Taehyung?" I said trying to get my breathing back to normal and looked him right in the eyes. "Y/n, of course not. Why? You found someone better than me?" he pouted putting on a frown. I laughed at his cuteness and looked up in the sky. "No! Not at all...I'm just curious," we both laughed as we were still breathing heavily.