Chapter 28. || "Metamorphosis."

Start from the beginning

—Yes, but it must be cold as hell.

I knew it did not matter to her.

Anyway, as we were so tired we decided to relax a bit in the living room, watch some good American television and basically just chat. Soon, Ashley whispered in my ear that she was going to be upstairs and excused herself, but not before passing by the kitchen and getting something from the refrigerator. I didn't know if she was calling me or sending me a signal, but my curiosity got greater than my thoughts and I ended up leaving the living room too. The lads said they were going out to a bar, and did not leave without bothering me telling me I was underage, so I could not go with them.

I didn't care, I didn't want to join them anyway. 

—Babe? —I called after giving 3 small knocks on the door.

There was no response.

—Kiddo? —Nothing yet—. Ashley? Where are you?

—Sorry! I'm in the bathroom.

—What are you doing?

—Seeing in which direction the water flows when I flush the toilet. —She said and I could barely notice a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I frowned from outside . What do you think , silly?

—Well, I do not know , there are many things you can do in a bathroom.

I wasn't seeing her, but I could almost watch as she rolled her eyes. —I'm taking a bath.

—In the shower?

—The bathtub looked very tentative and I couldn't let this opportunity pass. 

—Okay, sorry to interrupt. I will be down.

—Wait! —she cried when I started walking back towards the door—. Why don't you...? —She hesitated, but I was already smiling, knowing what she meant—. Why don't you come here with me?

My smile widened, and it wan't my intention, but many, many bad things that I will not mention passed through my head at that moment.

—Sure, it's fine. —I bit my lip when I opened the door slowly.

And there she was, with the smile that captivated me and that made me fall more in love every time I saw it, and those eyes full of innocence, all surrounded by bubbles.

—Am I especial enough already?

Her face changed into a good expression to play poker, but there was still something funny in her eyes and in her voice. —Silly, don't get your hopes up —she began—, I have my bathing suit on.

I didn't mean it in that way. But I just decided not to say anything.

I threw my shirt over my head and tried not to look too desperate. I walked towards her and undid the button of my shorts, wearing only my underwear.

I was grateful that the water wasn't too cold or too hot. It was perfect. Then Ashley moved aside so I could sit down, and then she sat down on the space between my legs.

I tried to control my breathing and look calmed.

Still, my lips brushed her neck, and her hair smelled amazing, and to have her between my legs was something incredibly dangerous, so I tried to join the freckles on her back to try to stay sane, but that was worse, and soon I realized that we had not said anything for a long time.

—Your breath tickles me. —She said, laughing softly.

I came back to Earth. —Oh, sorry. —I tried to throw my head back, but there was not much I could do.