Chapter Fifty Six.

So my mum had to borrow my laptop the other day and she ended up on my internet history. Do you guys know how hard it is to explain to your parents why you've been googling shit about being pregnant? They totally think I'm pregnant. 

Anyway, here's the next chappie!

-Stacey xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Daryl's POV*

"Are ye' sure ye' want me to go?" I asked, looking down at Lily, "Cause Glenn says he'll take my place." 

Rick had asked me to go on  a run to another small coastal town that was a little further down the road. 

"Go." she smiled, "Besides, it's not like you're gonna be long. You're going what, like forty miles or something. It won't take you that long." She took my hand, "It sounds like you're the one who doesn't want to go."

I looked down at the ground, "I don't want to leave ye'." 

The damn nightmare that I'd been having was becoming more and more frequent and it had me paranoid. I didn't like Lily being out of my sight for a long time and I hadn't been taking part in runs, wanting to stay behind to keep an eye on her. I didn't like this. I was never clingy like I was with her but I always had this feeling that if I left her, something bad would happen. 

"I'm going to be fine." she mumbled, fingertips drawing shapes on my arm, "Nothing will happen. We managed to secure the front of the hotel with those trucks and fence we found. Nothing's getting in."

She was right. We were safe here. Besides, I needed to get out of here for a while.

"And when you're back," she smirked, "You can try those clothes on?"

A smile tugged at my lips as I shook my head, "No. Not a chance in hell, Lily." 

She had been trying for days, weeks even to try and get me into the fancy clothes she had found and I had done a pretty good job in distracting her from them every time she'd asked.

She smiled, hands running up my chest, "I'll get you into them eventually Daryl Dixon. Mark my words. Let me change and then I'll walk downstairs with you." 

Nodding, I took a seat on the seat by the vanity table, watching her as she pulled her shirt over her head. I smiled as I looked at her small swollen stomach, remembering the first time I walked into our room seeing her rubbing her stomach and talking gently to it.

"Urgh, all of my shirts are getting too small." Lily groaned, attempting to pull the fabric over her stomach. 

"Wear mine," I shrugged, standing up again, "Or wear some of the shit in the drawers. Bound to be somethin' ye' can wear." 

She nodded slightly, "Might have to start." She then headed to the door, picking up one of her books as she passed by the table "C'mon. Rick's probably anxious to get going." 

I followed her downstairs and out to where Rick was outside packing up the car we were taking, dumping my crossbow in the passenger seat. 

When Rick disappeared, Lily wrapped her arms around me from behind as best she could, resting her forehead against my back, "Please be careful." 

"I will." I answered, turning around so she could hug me properly, "I always am."

****************************