Chapter Three.

I know that I have skipped quite a few months but I am just following the episodes. If you don't like it, then I apologise :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori, Beth, Hershel, Carol and I waited in the cars while the others went into yet another abandoned house, checking that it was safe for us to stay in.

Since the farm incident, Rick and Daryl had been teaching me to shoot and slowly, I was getting better although I don't think I could trust myself just yet.

"I don't think I can take much more of this." Lori muttered, placing a hand on her large stomach.

She was right, the baby was due any day now and all of this running around wasn't doing either of them any good.

A low whistle from Rick alerted us that the house was ideed safe and that we could get out of the car.

I grabbed a few of our bags before getting out and helping Lori down.

It wasn't the nicest of houses but at least we had found somewhere.

We all sat in what looked to be the living room, most of us watching Daryl pluck an owl. Carl came in with canned food or what looked like canned food making everyone turn to him, we all shrunk back as we noticed it was dog food.

It was all really silent until T-Dog pointed out some walkers and everyone quickly picked up their stuff and exited the house through the back door.

As we headed back to the cars, I noticed two axes leaning against the wall of the house. I nudged Maggie and together we both went to pick up an axe each.

Walkers came round the corner as we grabbed them, making us quicken our pace, throwing them into the back of Rick's car before getting in myself, Maggie getting in the car she was riding in with Glenn and once again we were on the run.

*******************************

After a good twenty minutes of driving, Rick honked twice, signalling everyone to pull over.

He opened his door and turned to me, "Lily you stay with Lori. I'll fill you in when I get back."

Nodding, I fell back onto the leather seats of the car as he climbed out. We sat in silence and I watched as Carl and Beth took on the job as lookouts. Averting my eyes to my nails, I began picking at them before sighing, looking up again and my eyes were drawn to Daryl.

He was bent over a map with everyone else, his strong arms stretched out in front of him as he listened to what Rick was telling him.

The past couple of months we've gotten somewhat closer. He would sit by me whenever we stopped for the night and we'd talk about a few things before crawling into our tents. It wasn't much, but I took it.

The door of the car opened and Carol leant in, "Rick and Daryl are goin' hunting. T-Dog and I are going to fill up on water. Will you be okay here?"

I nodded and she gave Lori a squeeze on the shoulder before slamming the car door shut.

The brunette in front of me sighed loudly and as soon as everyone was out of sight, she swung her door open.

"Where are you going?" I asked quickly.

She turned to me, "I just want to get out and walk around. Sitting around is making me feel very uncomfortable."

I bit my lip but nodded, grabbing my pathetic excuse for a knife before climbing out. "Please don't go too far," I begged, "Rick will kill me."