Chapter Twenty Three.

Oh em gee. Over 2000 reads. You guys are awesome! Thank you so much!

I'm sorry that it keeps changing POV's but it kinda just happened...

Also, who saw the season 4 trailer? Holy shit. I think I had heart palpitations. It's gonna be so good. October, you could always come three months earlier than you're supposed to if you really want. I'm sure none of us would mind.

-Stacey xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Dary's POV*

Rick looked crestfallen. He was shaking his head, saying that we couldn't leave.

Lily left my side, placing a hand on his shoulder, "We have to...that gate is strong, but I don't think it'll be able to withstand that horde."

He stared at the floor for a few painful minutes as we all listened to the walkers banging on the gate. Finally, as if Lily had got through to him, he started barking orders at us, "Daryl, you and Glenn will come with me to get the cars. Lily, you and the others will begin packing everything up. Carl, get your sister. I don't know how long we have so let's move!"

Everyone scattered in different directions, Carol throwing me the keys to her car. I ran out and around the back of the prison to where we kept the cars, quickly unlocking the Cherokee. Turning the key in the ignition, I cursed when I saw that the fuel gage was empty.

I climbed back out as Rick ran over, "What's wrong?" I sighed, "No gas. But I think there's still some tanks in the school bus. I don't think anyone took 'em out."

He grabbed the keys from me, "You take your bike 'round. I'll get the gas."

I nodded, quickly walking to my bike and revved it up.

I allowed Glenn to pull out ahead of me before following him after. After pulling up outsides, everyone came running out carrying bags and things.

"Is this everything?" Glenn asked from the open window.

Maggie nodded, helping Hershel into the back seat of the car.

Then I noticed that Lily wasn't with them. "Where the fuck is Lily?" I asked, causing everyone to turn.

"S-she was right behind me," Carol stuttered, "Maybe she went back in for something."

Maggie gasped, her eyes wide, "Beth. Beth's still inside too! That gate...it was about to come down."

I shook my head, heading back into the prison before anyone could stop me. From inside, I could hear panicked yelling from both the girls along with the clanging of the metal gate as it fell.

"Beth, c'mon!" I heard Lily yell as Beth let out a terrified cry.

As I continued my way in, I heard the sound of two sets of footsteps. The two girls finally came into my sight, Lily practically dragging Beth while carrying my crossbow and my vest in her hand. She had went back in for a fucking weapon?

She caught my arm as she ran past, "Run!"

I didn't need telling twice and took off after her.

When I noticed that Beth was slowing slighlty, I stopped to grab her arm as the snarling and shuffling got closer.

Since there wasn't enough time, I pointed at the Cherokee that Rick had managed to bring around, "Go in there."

She looked ready to complain but I cut her off, "Lily, there's no time!" She nodded and grabbed Beth's arm, dragging her over to the Cherokee as I climbed onto my bike, following Glenn as he pulled out of the yard.

Behind me, I heard the loud growling as the walkers finally made it out and I could hear them smacking their hands against the Cherokee as we finally left.