Key

I miss you.

The past few days has been crazy busy for both of us, specially for you. With rehearsals for your prod with Kuya Ry, endorsement shoots and family events, I thought it best to give you a little space to move without adding pressure to your already insanely full schedule and contented myself with short casual conversations backstage, a few texts and quick phone calls.

So I waited, 3 days, 14 hours and 25 minutes until I can finally get to be with you, really be with you and talk privately.

But you are different today, you seem... quiet? Not cold or distant... Just quiet. I don't know. I'm not sure. We did talk. We did share jokes and laughs onscreen. We were affectionate during JFA but after that...

Nagtatampo ka ba? May nagawa ba ako?

I continue to watch you and try to talk to you alone but you're talking to everyone else but me.

Then it's time to go. You wave and say goodbye to everyone with a big smile then nod at me. You nod at me without as much as a trace of a smile.

What's happening? What did I do? Is it the key necklace? Was that too much of a pressure for you? Babawiin ko na lang. Lahat. Wag lang ganito please, Menggay.

I'm not sure what got into me but with that one step away you took away from me, I snapped.

I stride towards you and hold your elbow then take you to an empty room in the standby area. I feel you trying to pull away. I hear your muttered protests and the unified gasps of those witnessing what's happening but I couldn't care less.

The room we are in no is small and warm but I don't care. I need to talk to you. You can't keep doing this to me.

"Ano ba, RJ? Wag kang gumawa ng eksena dito." You glare at me and try to open the door.

"Hindi pa yun eksena pero pag ikaw lumabas dito nang hindi pa tayo nagkakausap, makakakita sila ng totoong eksena." I tell you sternly.

I see you flinch and swallow nervously. I'm sorry, Love but this needs to be done. We have to stop playing around and ignoring the elephant in the room.

"Ano ba kasi yun?" You ask.

"Ikaw. Ano bang nagawa ko? Bakit mo ako iniiwasan?" I ask you back.

"Paano kita iiwasan eh nandito tayo? Magkasama tayo sa trabaho. Wala akong choice."

"Pero kung may choice ka, iiwasan mo ako?" I ask and you don't say a word but I still get my answer.

Masakit. Tangina. Ano bang ginawa ko?

I suddenly feel defeated and I don't want to fight anymore.

"Meng, ayaw mo ba talaga sa akin?" I whisper.

"Hindi sa ganoon. RJ kasi..." You start to explain and stop.

"Kasi may kulang? Kasi may mali? Ano pang kulang sa akin, Meng? Ano pa ang mali?" My voice crack and hot tears brim my eyes.

"Wala. Wala kang kulang. Wala kang mali. You're perfect."

"Perfect? Paanong perfect? Hindi mo nga ako magawang sagutin. Okay lang, Meng. Diretsuhin mo na ako. Kung mas gusto mo na magkaibigan na lang tayo, kung nahihirapan ka na sa sitwasyon natin, kung hindi ka pa handa, okay lang. Sabihin mo na lang. Don't patronize me please. Masakit na eh. Mahal kita. Mamahalin kita at hindi yun magbabago pero please lang sabihin mo sa akin kung anong gusto mo. Sabihin mo kung anong kailangan kong gawin kasi hindi ko kaya yung ganito, yung iniiwasan mo ako at hindi kinakausap. Please, Meng." I start sobbing and hide my face in my hands.

I'm a mess. I know I look ridiculous. Most guys would be embarrassed to be seen like this in front to the girl they like but I am hurting. It fucking hurts too much.

"Jay..." I hear you faintly call me but I'm not ready to see the look in your eyes when you dump me. Not yet.

"RJ, tingin ka muna." You say again but I don't look up.

"Richard Faulkerson Jr! Look at me right now!" You tell me determinedly and there is something in your voice that prompts me to finally look at you.

You meet my gaze and smile. You then close your eyes and take a deep breath then start unbuttoning your shirt.

"M-M-Meng... A-anong ginagawa mo?" I gasp, my knees start to weaken together with my resolve.

"Just wait." You whisper with your eyes still closed as you work on the second button.

Kingina... Lord, give me strength.

"Meng please kung tinutukso mo lang ako para hindi ako umiyak wag na. Mataas ang emosyon ko ngayon baka hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili ko, hindi ko alam kung anong magawa ko sa'yo."

Your eyes fly open and you start laughing hysterically. "Nakakaloka ka! Parang ayaw ko na tuloy."

"Ang alin?" I ask, legitimately confused. "Meng, please. Seryosohin mo naman ako."

"Seryoso naman ako." You answer sincerely and look into my eyes as you undo the third button then I see it.

"Meng?" I ask, unable to continue. My eyes brim with fresh tears and my lips tremble at the beautiful sight before me.

The white gold key pendant hanging around your neck, beautifully resting on your silky olive skin.

"Kaya tahimik ako kasi hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa'yo." You tell me shyly.

I look at you speechless and entranced like I am caught in a dream, a wonderful dream.

"Mamaya pa sana. Iniisip ko pa kung paano kaso umiyak ka na."

I think I just muttered a sorry. I don't know. I can't think straight in this dream.

You take my trembling hand and place it on the base of your neck where I can touch your warm skin and the cold chain.

"Okay na bang maging tayo?" You ask.

I break into sobs and tears flood my cheeks as I collect you in my arms and whisper. "Yes." ❤️

********
Unbeta'ed and not proofread.

Paano ba yan? Sila na. End na din ba ng book na to? The title does not apply anymore. 😁

Share your thoughts. Comment below or tweet me @magicheart21.

Thank you for reading.