Sack Race

As requested by veron619
Belated Happy Birthday, sis. 💛🎂 Love you!😘

*********

One afternoon, during their DTBY taping, R leaned against his van as he was busy upgrading his stats on the game in his phone.

"Uy! Alden!" M jumped behind R and tapped his shoulder.

"O, Love! Este... Maine! Uy! Maine!yon. O, Maine." R grinned awkwardly at her.

Jusko ka, RJ! Dulas pa more.

"Ow... kay... That was weird. Were you thinking of someone before kita ginulat?"

Yes. You.

"Uhm... Wala. I mean not someone. Something. I was thinking about love kaya yun ang nasabi ko. Love." He smiled, somewhat relieved to find an excuse for his unexpected slip up.

"Oh, RJ, always the romantic." She smiled back and stared into his eyes but was suddenly reminded of that night in New York.

There was something about the way he looked at her now that was different, like a certainty, a passion, a confession.

She quickly diverted her gaze.

"Anyway..." M continued. "May katuwaang Sportsfest daw sa Friday dito sa set. You know just to lift everybody's spirits up."

"Masaya yan. Paano daw. Anong laro?"

"Mga tug-of-war, relay races, sack race, three legged race ganoon."

"Ah okay. Kasali ba tayo sa lahat?" R asked.

"Sa sack race lang at three legged race. Partners tayo."

"Partners sa sack race? Di ba team race yun?"

"Yes but we all go two at a time." M answered.

"Ah so sabay sa isang sako?"

"Yes."

"Kasya ba tayo dun?"

"I think so. Hindi regular sako ang gagamitin. They have special ones na kakasya yung dalawang tao. We can practice meron pa ata sa likod. Look. May nagpa-practice na." She said as she pointed to their co-actors and some crew partnering up and jumping in sacks.

"Sige. Kukuha ako. Dito ka lang." R beamed and ran to get a sack.

"So? Paano to?" M asked when R returned.

"We can go side by side." R suggested. "Try natin?"

"Okay." She smiled.

Time to jump in the sack with RJ. Wait. That didn't sound right. God! Nicomaine!

M shook her head to get rid of her silly thoughts and stepped inside the sack with R. They started hopping together with an arm around each other's waist and a hand each to hold the edges of the big pouch.

"Wait. This is not working." M observed as she tried to catch her breath and stepped out of the sack.

"Mukha nga. Masyadong masikip pag ganito."

"Maybe if we do like nasa likod ang isa?" M said.

"Pwede. Pwede yan." R agreed.

"Game. Ako sa likod."

"Mas maliit ka. Di mo makikita sa harap baka madapa pa tayo. Ikaw dapat sa harap."

"May point ka. Okay. Go!" She beamed and stepped in the sack with R, her back against his chest, her hair against his nose.

Ang bango bango talaga. Kahit maghapon na kami dito. Sobrang sarap pa ring amuy-amuyin.

"Ready?" He softly whispered in her ear before slipping his arms around her waist to hold the sack in front of her.

M bit down a gasp as she felt  a shiver down her spine with his whisper and his touch.

"Ready." She exhaled.

"Okay. 1...2...3... Go!" He said and they started hopping together.

Their bodies in sync, his face on the crook of his neck, his heavy breath on her skin, heartbeats roaring in their chests, sweat beading from their skin, her body pressing and rubbing on his.

"Time out." M panted and they both stopped. "Bigay mo muna yung phone mo kay Mama Ten. Kanina pa siya tumutusok sa pwet ko."

R blushed and scratched his head. "Uhm... Sorry, Meng. Kasi..."

Hindi phone yun. Ang lapit mo. Ang bango mo. Ang hot mo. Lalake ako, Meng. I can't help it.

"Tisoy!" MT called as he walked towards them with R's phone. "Daddy mo. Tumatawag."

"Thank you, Ma. Excuse lang, Meng." He said and answered the call.

OMG! So hindi yun phone? So... Wait. May isa pa siyang phone. It can't be his... Phone yun. Yung isang phone niya yun, Meng.

"Hi Meng." Leysam smiled as he reached them.

"Hi Kuya. Medyo busy pa ata si Alden."

"Oo nga eh. May text kasi sa phone niya. Baka importante at kailangan niya mabasa agad."

Oh my God! Eto yung isang phone!

"Kuya, may bagong phone ba si Alden?"

"Wala. Dalawa lang ito at yung hawak ni Mama Ten."

M gasped and blushed at the realization.

So hindi nga yun cellphone. Susmaryosep! Pero... In fairness kay Tisoy ha. May 80's satellite phone siya  sa loob ng pantalon.