Destined

When the director yelled "Cut!" you ran to me from that corner where you watched me walk down the aisle. You wrapped me in your arms and hugged me tight. We were both crying.

And when I slipped my arm around your back to hug you back we both became a sobbing mess. We didn't talk, we just held each other finding comfort in each other's arms and then I thought it has always been that way hasn't it. We will always seek each other to feel warm, loved and safe... to feel at home.

Because this... this embrace... your arms, your eyes, your warmth, your smile, your scent, your touch, your heartbeat, YOU feel like home, Richard Faulkerson Jr.

Work went on for the rest of the day and we never talked about exactly why we were crying earlier. The final shooting day went smoothly and everything was finished according to plan. I was fine. I was happy.

Then...

Then the director announced that it was a wrap and a wave of mixed emotions overwhelmed me. My tears started falling again and when I looked up to you, you were crying too. (Of course you were crying iyakin ka eh.)

"Bakit ka umiiyak?" I asked.

"Wala." You said and pulled me into a hug. (Nakakadami ka na ah.)

I hugged you back and closed my eyes as we let the tears flow.

Then you whispered. "Thank you, Maine."

I smiled. "Thank you, RJ."

When we stopped sobbing, you gently peeled away from me and wiped my tears as I did yours.

"Bakit ka nagte-thank you. Ako dapat mag-thank you, Meng. Alam kong you weren't too keen to do this pero ginawa mo at ginalingan mo pa. Mula pa noon you have been doing so many outrageous things for me, for us. Salamat, Meng, for being brave for me. You were doubtful about a lot of things and that scared you but you did them anyway and you did such a great job. Thank you sa di pagbitiw kahit mahirap at thank you for coming into my life. You are the best blessing from God na bumago sa buong buhay ko sa isang saglit. Kagaya mo, I have done so many things na hindi inisip na magagawa ko before pero lahat yun ginawa ko ng masaya. Dumating ka at nagbuhos happiness, sunshine at love sa buhay ko. Kaya thank you at thank God dahil sa isang Nicomaine Dei Mendoza, napuno ang puso ko." You said and I can tell by the look in your eyes that never left mine that you meant every word.

"RJ, You always say I changed your life in the most outrageous ways since we met but the truth is you did the same for me. My life made a 360 degree turn overnight since that moment our eyes met on split-screen. Suddenly, my life wasn't so simple anymore, it wasn't quiet or irrelevant. I wasn't lost anymore. You gave my life direction and my secret ultimate dream came true because of you. I wouldn't have done all those things if it wasn't for you. I am brave because you gave me the encouragement and the strength to be brave. RJ, thank you for being patient, for guiding me and being my rock. I thank God everyday for the miracle that is Richard Faulkerson Jr. who shone light into my otherwise insignificant life." I sniffled and you caressed my cheek before wiping away a few more tears that escaped from my eyes.

"I love you, Meng. Sa lahat ng pinagdaanan natin at pagdadaanan pa that was and will always be a fact. Mahal kita, Nicomaine Dei Mendoza." You said before pressing a kiss on my forehead and holding me tighter.

"RJ... " I started to whisper then stopped, unable to find the words to tell you.

"Sssshhh... Okay lang. Hindi ko kailangan ng sagot. Gusto ko lang malaman mo." You whispered as you stroked my hair gently.

I snuggled on your chest and pulled you closer. It was at that moment the best way that I can show you how much I love you too.

You sighed and smiled and kissed the top of my head. I knew then that you didn't have to hear the words because my heart told yours what it really felt.

💛🍃💛🍃💛🍃

*********
Unbeta'ed and not proofread. Thank you for reading. 💛