Home

Maine is reading her cue cards backstage of the Mitsubishi event when RJ walks towards her.

"Hi Meng." He smiles. "Welcome back."

She looks at him and smiles. "Thank you, RJ." Then returns her gaze to her spiels.

Knowing how she likes doing well in her work and pretty much everything she does, he leaves her to what she is doing as he quietly stands beside her and attempts to read his own cue cards but his eyes betray him and keep drifting back to her.

Her long hair beautifully set in soft waves cascading against her radiant sun-kissed skin makes her look like a tropical goddess in white. He sighs as he stares at her, his heart fluttering in both admiration and longing.

He smiles, unable to hold back his giddiness just knowing that she is finally there beside him.

"Alden, stop." She pouts.

"Bakit? Anong bang ginawa ko? Nananahimik ako dito." He grins.

"Stop staring. Nakakailang."

"Sorry. Hindi na." He smiles and tries to focus on the cue cards in his hand.

In takes only a few minutes for RJ's eyes to stray again and watch Maine concentrating on her script. Her brows scrunch up in a little frown and her noses twitches in the most adorable way. He bites his lip to hold back his chuckle but his dimple deepens and his lips curl up in a silly grin.

She glare at him and pouts. "Alden! Ano ba? Nakakainis. Kuya oh! Ang gulo-gulo nito." She tells Leysam who approaches them.

"Pagpasenyahan mo na yan, Meng." He laughs. "Miss na miss ka lang talaga niyan. Alam mo ba sa isang linggong bakasyon mo, isang linggong walang tigil na kwento din yan sa'yo. Kahit ano na lang kahit alam na namin, paulit-ulit basta ikaw lang ang topic. Maya't-maya nakasilip sa cellphone, kaka-stalk sa accounts mo at kakaabang ng text galing sa'yo. Pagpunta nga dito halos paliparin na yung kotse sa sobrang excitement niyang makita ka."

"Huy! Daming sinabi. Wag ka nga dito." RJ frowns at his handler and playfully pushes him away.

"Naku. Wag ka nang mag-deny. Alam ng lahat ng nakakakilala sa'yo kung gaano ka kasabik kay Mmm..." He grunts as RJ covers his mouth to shut him up while shoving him away.

"Grabe. Ang daldal." He pouts as Sam walks away chuckling and everyone else who saw their antics laughs.

"Alden, halika." Maine looks at him sternly and gestures for him to follow her to a more private corner.

He sheepishly walks after her and scratches the back of his head. "Sorry talaga kung naistorbo kita sa ginagawa mo. Aalis na lang ako."

"RJ..." She sighs and holds his hand. "Totoo ba? Na-miss mo ako?"

He slowly nods his head with his eyes closed and almost chokes in his response. "Sobra."

She smiles. "Ako din. Na-miss din kita."

He takes a deep breath and releases it slowly to calm himself down while he blinks back his tears. "Meng, masaya akong nandito ka na. Hindi ko maipaliwanag kung gaano ako kasaya ngayon na nahahawakan na kita."

"Ako din." She then slips her arms under his armpits and hooks them around his back to pull him close and hug him tight. "Thank you for the flowers." She whispers referring to the lifesize pink, peach, white and yellow rose bouquet he sent as a welcome home gift to her condominium unit earlier.

He sighs as he hugs her back, holding her close to him and nuzzling in her hair and neck, letting go of some tears he is unable to hold back that brim his eyes. "I miss you so much, Meng. It hurts. Di ko na maintindihan."

She gently strokes his back and lets him tell her what he feels. "Masaya ako na masaya ka sa bakasyon mo. Wala akong gusto kundi ibigay ang lahat ng magpapaligaya sa'yo at alam kong kung pwede lang mas gugustuhin mo na doon ka na lang pero..."

He pauses and squeezes his arms around her tighter like she can be pulled away from him if he leaves even just a thread-like space in between them.

"Pero gusto ko munang maging selfish ngayon. Yung ako muna ang masaya kasi gusto ko dito ka lang muna." He whispers.

She pulls away from him slightly, looks into his eyes and touches his cheek.

"RJ, hindi ka magiging selfish kasi masaya din akong kasama kita. Kahit saan pa ako dalhin ng mga paa ko dito pa rin ako uuwi sa bisig mo."

He smiles and kisses her forehead before enclosing her in his arms again. His arms that she told him is her home.💛

********
Unbeta'ed and not proofread.

Credits to Madam ALDUB Vines for the wonderfully beautiful video. 😍

Sa mga nagtatanong, hindi pa rin sila. 😂😂😂

Thank you for reading.