100

I was just about to leave my condo when you arrived. I was locking my door while you stood at the end of the hallway having just stepped out of the elevator.

"Maine." You called softly and when I turned I was met by your deep-set eyes twinkling in excitement and your pink lips curled up in that boyish grin of yours that always sends the butterflies in my stomach in animated flurry.

Well, would you get a load of that, Mr. Faulkerson. I just might have the biggest crush on you and your darn dimple.

I smiled back and you stare turned from playful to mesmerized in a millisecond. By the way you look at me, I might just believe that I am something.

"Bakit? Anong ginagawa mo dito? Studio tayo today di ba?" I asked.

Your smile then turned to sheepish as you slowly walked towards me with your arms behind your back. You took a deep breath before showing me the bouquet of all white roses, tulips and freesia.

"Happy 100th Weeksary, Maine." You beamed as you held out the flowers to me. "Pumunta na ako ng maaga dito kasi baka wala nang chance mamaya."

"Thank you, RJ. Happy 100th Weeksary din sa'yo." I said as I took the bouquet. "Ang ganda nito. I have something for you din pala since nandito ka na bibigay ko na to sa'yo."

--

You smiled and your eyes just sparkled then bit on your plump lower lip as you fumbled in your purse for something. Giggling shyly and blushing as I watched you.

"RJ, stop staring. Mamaya ka na tumingin pag nakita ko na." You tucked your hair behind your ear and waved me away.

It's amazing how you still don't realize how absolutely beautiful you are, Maine , ethereally, amazingly and breathtakingly beautiful.

"Tada!" You beamed as you hand me a gift wrapped mug.

"Wow. Tasa. Kinakabahan ako sa mga paganito mo eh yung laman ang hirap tapatan." I grinned.

"Ano ba? Di naman kailangan tapatan. I gave you those things coz that's what my heart told me to." You smiled.

I smiled back and started unwrapping your gift then lo and behold. I was right. You did get me something outrageous. Again.

"Wow

"Wow." I gasped. "Sabi ko na eh. Menggay naman oh. Eto ka na naman."

"Bakit?"

"Platinum chain? Grabe to. This is too much." I frowned.

"No big deal. It's on sale. 50% off." You grinned and grabbed the chain before pulling my hand to put the bracelet around my wrist.

"Kahit na. Malaki pa din yun. Mahihiya na ako sa gift ko." I pouted.

"Ano ba, Jay? Wala namang competition dito. I wanted to give this to you because that's what my heart told me to. You're special and you deserve something special." You smiled and poked my nose. "Masasaktan ako pag di mo to tinanggap."

I sighed. "Okay. Pero next time talaga dapat may price cap tayo sa mga ganito eh. Iba talaga siguro ang standards ng mga rich kid ano?"

"Or maybe we shouldn't be looking at the price tag. It's the thought that counts nga di ba?" You grinned and who would not have fallen for that? And of course you were right.

"Tama ka. We shouldn't. I'm sorry and I shouldn't make you feel awkward about it. Sorry." I smiled.

--

You smiled and who wouldn't fall for that? Plus you seemed really sincere about your apology.

"Okay lang. Next time though, I will check na din muna." I said.

You looked at me just really looked at me straight into my eyes and we didn't realize we were holding hands and only a few inches away from each other, my thumb slowly drawing circles at the of your hand.

"May ibibigay pa ako sa'yo." You whispered so close, I felt your warm breath on my forehead.

"Ano yun?"

"Close your eyes." You told me and I did.

For a few breathtaking seconds, I sensed you pick something from your pocket then lean closer to me, your breath against my ear, your arm going over my shoulders and put that something around my neck.

"Okay na." You mumbled and moved back to look at me.

I looked down and saw the prettiest platinum pendant hanging on a platinum chain.

"Ito yung puso ko, nakasabit sa puso mo

"Ito yung puso ko, nakasabit sa puso mo. Ngayon, bukas, o hanggang sa isang daang taon pa ang lumipas, sa iyo lang kakapit itong puso ko. Alam kong ikaw na, Maine. Sana hindi mo ako bitawan." You said and I saw the tears that glimmered at the corners of your eyes that were filled with love for me and fear for the uncertainties of our future.

"Hindi ako bibitaw, RJ. Kahit kailan hindi kita bibitawan basta kakapit lang tayo sa isa't-isa."

I closed my eyes as you cradled my face and caressed my cheeks then gently kisses my forehead and my nose.

I held my breath when your lips glided even lower to hover over mine. "I love you, Maine."

I couldn't find my voice to respond to you because my heart was beating too loudly in my chest.

"I want to kiss you so bad, Maine."

My breath hitched when heard the yearning in your voice and felt your lips brush mine.

I want to kiss you too.

"But I can't." You exhaled sharply as you pulled away. "I want to do this right, Maine. Nung mga una kasi, I just gave in to my impulse within thinking of the consequences, how it made you feel or kung paano maapektuhan ang friendship natin. Gusto ko ngayon pag hinalikan kita, tayo na."

I smiled. "That's what makes you different from other guys, RJ, your chivalry. Thank you for waiting."

--

You softly touched my cheek with the back of your hand and then very slowly and tenderly pressed a kiss on the side of my lips.

I think all breath escaped me at that moment and my spirits soared to the clouds because the love I felt from a single touch of your lips was beyond words. 💛🍃