Stay

R entered M's hotel suite some time after midnight on his last night in New York. ND opened the door for him.

"Good evening po, Tita." He said as he leaned to kiss her cheek. "Si Meng po?"

"Ayun." M's mom said as she points to her daughter who was sitting by the window in the TV area. "Masama daw pakiramdam. Kanina pa yan nagmumukmok diyan."

"Sige po. Kausapin ko lang sandali."

"Okay. Sige, iho. Dun lang ako sa kwarto." ND said before going inside the private room of the suite.

R then walked over to where M was staring out of the window and sat beside her on the couch.

"Meng? May sakit ka daw?" He gently asked as he laid a hand on his shoulder lightly.

M sighed, closed her eyes and touched her cheek on the back of his hand.

"Medyo mainit ka nga. You need anything? Medicine? Water? Soup? Fruits? Spongebath?"

M then giggled and looked into his eyes. "If I say I need a spongebath. Will you give it to me?" She smirked.

R blushed, realizing what his previous question implied.

"Uhm... Ano... Kasi... Meng..." R tried to explain but couldn't find the words and scratched the back of his head.

"Relax. Joke lang yun. I don't need a spongebath." M smiled then spoke in a low voice. "I need you."

R felt his cheeks and ears burn even hotter. He was left speechless and stared at M with a shocked expression.

M laughed when she saw his ears turn bright red.

"Ano ba? You're so tensed. Mag-relax ka nga, RJ. I need you as in I need your company. Ano bang iniisip mo diyan? Pulang-pula ka oh." She grinned as she poked his nose.

R sighed in relief and smiled. "Yun lang pala. Okay. Anong kailangan kong gawin to make you feel better?"

"Simple lang naman. Just stay here with me."

M felt a chill that seeped through her sweater from a sudden gust of the air conditioner vent and shivered.

"Nilalamig ka ba? Eto." R said as he took off his jacket and placed it over M's shoulders.

M took his hands and pulled his arms around her. She then leaned her back against his chest and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Okay lang ba? I need a hug." M whispered.

"Oo naman. Gaano kahigpit ba?" R smiled as he pulled her closer.

"Yan. That's just perfect." M sighed contentedly. "Alam mo? I had plans for us. I wanted to show you around New York. Kaya lang we didn't get much of a chance."

"Okay lang. May konting time naman tayo na nakapasyal ng magkasama. Masaya na ako dun. Masaya ako na kasama ka kahit nasaan pa tayo."

"Kahit nakakulong lang dito sa kwarto watching the New York skyline from the window?"

"Kahit pa. Sapat na sa akin na kasama kita at nayayakap."

"Ang sweet mo talaga. That's why you're my favorite person. You always make me happy and I always feel secured around you. I wish you could stay longer." She sighed.

"Will that make you happy, Menggay?"

"Very."

"Pwede naman."

"What do you mean pwede naman?"

"Pwede naman. I could stay one more day. Kailangan ni Tita ng kasamang mag-aalaga sa'yo at baka ma-miss mo ako masyado pag umalis ako, magkasakit ka pa lalo." R grinned.

"Kapaaaal..." She giggled and pinched his arm.

"Bakit? Hindi ba totoo?" He asked.

She turned to look directly into his eyes and whispered. "Totoo naman. Mami-miss kita. Lagi kitang nami-miss."

"Meng..." He whispered and caressed her cheek. He stared deep into her eyes, ready to pour out what he truly feels from his heart. "Meng... May sasabihin sana ako sa'yo."

"A-ano yun?" She asked in a small voice, her heart suddenly racing in her chest and somehow feeling conscious of their position and closeness which they have been used to for a long time.

Suddenly, his stares felt different.

Suddenly, his touch wasn't the same.

Suddenly, their breaths were heavy and hot.

Suddenly, the moment was a revelation.

"Meng... I... Meng... Maha..."

"Nagugutom ba kayo?" ND called when she walked out of the bedroom door, prompting the two to hurriedly pull away from each other.

"Uhm... Okay lang po ako." R said, blushing.

"Nay, mamaya na po siguro."

"Anong mamaya? Magpupuyat ka na naman ba? Jusko kang bata ka! Hindi pwede at nilalagnat ka pa."

"Opo, Nay. Matutulog din po ako. Magku-kwentuhan lang po kami ni RJ."

"Ah ganoon ba? O di mag-kwentuhan tayong lahat. Hali kayo dito at sobrang dami pang regalo ng mga fans niyo na pagkain. Sayang naman." ND said as she laid containers and bags of food on the table.

"Opo, Nay." M answered and walked to the table with R following behind her.

R and M sat on the table with ND. They all ate and talked about countless stories then shared a lot of laughter. But in their quiet stares, it was clear to R and M that there were words unspoken that night that when revealed would definitely change things between them. Whether for better of worse, only time will tell.

**********

A/N:

First draft and unproofread. Please pardon the errors. 😊