2nd

July 15, 3:00pm, Broadway:

"Alden!" You call me on your way out of the studio. You hand me a paperbag and smile. "Happy 2nd Anniversary."

"Wow. Thank you, Meng. Di ka na dapat nag-abala." I say. "Happy Anniversary."

"Pwede ba namang di ako mag-gift sa'yo? Thank you nga pala sa padala mo kanina ha?" You tell me, referring to the flowers and breakfast I sent.

"You're welcome. Meron pa nga pala. Pero gusto ko sana mamaya pag tayo na lang dalawa." I tell you.

"Paano naman yun?" You ask. "Pa-Batangas na kami nito."

"Hatid kita." I volunteer.

"Naku. Wag na. May service naman tsaka may rehearsals ka pa mamaya di ba?"

I sigh. "Oo nga. Kailan kita makikita nang tayo lang? Bukas pwede? Anniversary oh."

You laugh. "Ang cute mo talaga magpabebe. May SPS ka bukas. Monday na siguro?"

"Monday? Di na anniversary nun." I pout.

"Cute cute talaga." You grin and pinch my cheek trying to cheer me up but your making a joke out of my predicament only adds to the hurt I am already feeling.

You notice how I scowl and touch my cheek. "Jay, okay lang naman yun. Sa ating dalawa alam naman natin na mahalaga yung araw na yun."

I exhale another deep sigh. What can I do? My weekend is swamped with work and you are going on a trip 3 hours away from the city.

"Sige. Monday na lang. Thank you ulit dito." I say as I raise the paperbag.

"You're welcome. Basta mamaya mo na buksan pag-alis ko ha? See you."

You then wrap your arms around my waist and rest your cheek on my chest to hug me.

"See you, Meng. Ingat." I say then freeze when you quickly plant a kiss on my check before running off.

"I love you." I whisper under my breath as you look over your shoulder and wave at me.

--

When I am finally alone in my van, I open the paperbag and found a couple of white Gucci shirts. There's a note clipped on one saying "Ang pogi mo sa white eh."

I can't help the silly grin that tugged on my face after reading that note.

At the bottom of the bag is a shoebox with a white pair of sneakers with a note that read "To many more roads we will walk together."

A surge of warmth and joy fills my heart and my grin softens to smile.

We reach GMA studios a few minutes later. I join the other cast for rehearsals of our Sunday show.

Hours later I am back in the solitude of my van and decide to take a look at your gifts again. I take them out one by one and smile each time.

Just when I am about to put the items back in the bag, I find an envelope taped to its side labeled "For RJ".

With my heart pounding in my chest and a wave of overwhelming emotions coursing through my veins, I open your letter. The tears already brimming my eyes start falling on the first three lines.

Dear RJ,

Happy 2nd Anniversary. Two years since that moment that changed our lives forever. Two years since I've known you. Two years of being blessed beyond my imagination.