#MaineZoned

"Hoy, Faulkerson! Bakit di ka pa umuuwi?" You called out in a huge voice from behind me as I sleepily sit on a chair just outside the set where you finished your last scene.

It was way past midnight and we have been taping since the morning before but your explosive energy was still up to the roof.

I knew you were trying to make fun of me again by trying to mask your voice and making it sound like a man's. Sorry, Love... err... Menggay, it didn't work because I will always recognize that soft undertone of your voice anywhere, anytime, however you try to disguise it.

Then you laughed. That laugh that never failed to pull the corner of my lips up to a smile. That laugh that always tickled my belly. That laugh that I end up joining every time because its musical sound (in it's goose-like, CPR-attracting manner) brings me overwhelming joy.

"Hinihintay kita." I told you brazenly as I looked into your eyes to show you I meant it. That was the moment, I seriously meant to lay out my intentions to you.

"Bakit naman?" You grinned. "Hindi talaga ako ang kumuha ng shake shake fries mo."

"Hind yun." I said more intently.

"Yung Ironman? Joke lang naman yun. Binalik ko din agad tsaka sabi ni Tito pwede ako pa-picture." You laughed.

Hay naku, Menggay. Kailan mo ba ako seseryosohin.

I walked up to you, crossing the short distance between us, and took your hand in mine.

"Hindi din yun." I whispered sincerely and this time you looked at me meaningfully like you finally got I wasn't joking around. "I wanted to talk to you about us. Can I drive you home?"

You took a deep breath and quietly nodded your head before letting me lead you to my car.

MJ, your P.A. ran after us to give you your bag and get a few instructions from you about what to tell your driver, your team and anyone else who asked before going back to the set with a giddy grin.

"Ma..." I started to tell MT something but she just nodded her head and shooed me away.

"Ako na bahala sa sarili ko." She said with a smile.

She knew. Of course she knew. She's family.

I opened the door for you and shielded your head with one hand as you got in my car before getting in myself and driving off.

It was a quiet drive. You were waiting for me to speak while I somewhat waited for courage to kick me in the nuts but mostly I thought it was not the best time to tell you yet so I secretly glanced at you once in a while and focused on my driving.

No one spoke a word except when you asked to connect your phone to my car audio system so we can listen to your playlist along the way. I said yes, of course. You have impeccable taste in music, you know that? I never thought I would go beyond the genre I listen to which is mostly acoustic and ballad but you opened my ears and my heart to a whole new selection of songs.

You did to my playlist what you have done to all my life, you unlocked the door, walked in and made everything better.

When we finally reached your condo and I parked in a guest parking space, you turned to me and raised an eyebrow.