Slip

"Maine, dito ka muna dali. May sasabihin ako." R said as he holds M's wrist and slightly tugged on it. They were backstage waiting for the Trops concert to start.

M was laughing at a joke made by one of the Baes, Kenneth, and was laughing even harder at Kim and Jon's seemingly perplexed expressions for not getting the joke. She immediately turned to R with a smile when he called her.

"Bakit, Alden?"

"Basta. Sandali lang please." R smiled, flashing his famous dimple.

"Hmp ginu-good time mo na naman ba ako?" She asked.

"Hindi. Sige na please. Sandali lang." He insisted, licking his lips and squinting his eyes.

"Hay naku ka, Alden Richards. Wag ka nang magpa-cute. Sige na nga." She smiled and let R lead her to the other side of the artist's waiting area.

They sat on a couch where he kept holding her hand on his lap.

"So, ano na? Anong sasabihin mo?" M asked.

"Wala." R grinned.

"Wala? Dinala- dala mo ako tapos wala? Yang tataa?"

"Wala. Gusto ko lang dito ka sa tabi ko."

"Alam mo? Ang weird mo na naman, Tisoy. Kilalang kilala ko na yang style mo. Naba-bother ka sa pakikipag-usap ko sa mga baes noh?" She grinned and poked his nose.

"Hindi ah. Bakit naman?" He answered as he looked away and scratched the tip of his nose.

"Pati yang hawak sa ilong kilala ko. Nagseselos ka ba, Alden?"

"Ako? Hindi ah. Bakit naman?"

She shrugged. "Sabagay, bakit nga naman eh hindi naman tayo. Pero malay ko ba kung possessive kang friend." M giggled.

"Medyo." He then looked at M and said. "Tawang-tawa ka kasi sa jokes nila tapos sa akin laging waley."

"Talaga ba? Yun lang?"

"Yun lang." He said almost choking on his half-hearted answer.

Tsaka kanina pa kung makatingin yung mga yun sa'yo para kang lalapain. Nakaka-ano eh. Nakaka... Ewan!

"Okay. Sige. Eto." M looked straight into his eyes and held his hands. "Mag-joke ka. Pag napatawa mo ako, we'll do whatever you want for the rest of the night." She smiled.

He bit his lip and took a deep breath as he stared back at her.

Jusko! Whatever I want daw. Maine, please, mapusok ako.

He cleared his throat and thought of a joke.

"Okay. Eto. Knock knock." He said.

"Uy! Sige. Who's there?" She asked, as her eyes lit up and she licked her lips.

Maine, please. Napakaganda. Kainis.

"Come back to me."

"Bago to ah. Come back to me who?" She smiled.

Ngumiti pa. Ang puso ko naman. I swear your smile will be the end of all reason for me, Maine.

R cackled and straightened his shoulders then sang while dancing. "Come back to me bok ang puso, wala ka nang magagawa kundi sundin ito. Come back to me bok ang puso. Lagot ka na. Siguradong huli ka."

M bursted into boisterous laughter, throwing her head back and hitting his arm. "In fairness... Ang havey!" She barely said in between giggles.

R watched her happily bask in the aftermath of his joke with a mesmerized gaze as his lip curled up in a smile.

Ang ganda. Napakaganda. If I will be cursed to crack corny jokes everyday just to make you this happy, I'll gladly accept it.

M then addressed him in a sweet singsong voice as she hooked her arm around his elbow. "So, Alden, ano na? Natawa ako, so anong gusto mong gawin natin?"

Kiss. Huy, RJ! Anong kiss? Siyempre hindi pwede. Timang!

"Wala naman. Hug lang." He smiled.

"Yun lang pala. Halika." She said as she opened her arms and hugged R.

R slipped his arms around her waist and hugged her back. As they held each other, they rocked back and forth and giggled.

"Dalasan mo ang pagjo-joke para di na ako makikinig sa joke ng iba

"Dalasan mo ang pagjo-joke para di na ako makikinig sa joke ng iba." She chided.

Mag-joke. Magluto. Maghatid-sundo. Magmasahe. Kumanta. Sumayaw. Maghu... Basta lahat. Kahit ano, basta akin ka lang ha?

Then out of no where, he said. "Love you."

Shit! Did he just... Ano yun?

Tangina! Did I just... Boy Dulas! Anong iisipin niya ?

He let go, not knowing what she would make of his sudden declaration.

She hang on just a little bit longer to reassure him that nothing has changed.

True, they admittedly really liked each other. True, they knew each other very well, there was nothing they kept and didn't know about each other. True, no one else could be closer to them than the other.

BUT...

They're not officially together.

At least not yet.

She playfully hit his arm and smiled. "Wag kang mag-alala, ikaw lang ang nag-iisang best friend ko doon at Pambansang Bae. Love you too."