Hey is everything ok? J

I turned to look at Becki and shook my head. She looked concerned then. She slightly leaned in so then I could whisper everything that had just happened to me in the sport’s hall. She pulled back and looked angry.

“Right class over this week you will be mastering the use of vectors and transformations. Today I will be teaching the basic of vectors so everyone turn to pg 204 and we’ll work through the examples” Jake said whilst writing down some examples. I put my head down and watched Becki work out her answers until I heard the door open. I watched Amber waltz in, yes she did actually waltz in, and head towards her desk. “Where have you been Amber?” Jake asked in a stern voice. Amber looked a little bit shocked at first when he spoke to her like this but she seemed to bat it off and smile back at him in a flirty way.

“I was getting changed Sir... I’ve just been in P.E.” She said trying to sound seductive. I could see Becki’s hand curling into a fist at the point where she might be able to snap her pen. I reached over and took the pen out of her hand before she started some trouble.

“Well if you’re late again I’ll have to put you on report” he said before turning back around to face the board.

“What?” She squeaked loudly. “Report... shouldn’t I just get a detention and that’s it”

“Nope... you’ve been late far too many times to just get a detention” Jake said whilst carrying on writing examples. She huffed before sitting down in her seat and folding her arms across her chest. After a while she calmed down and started to try and answer the questions. I put my head down and played with my pen until I felt someone stood behind me. I turned around to see Jake stood there looking at my cheek. He placed a book in front of me and leaned over me to start flicking through it. He came to a page where there were loads of probability trees on it. I looked at him as if he was being serious. “They get harder as you go through them” He said. I nodded and started to read the questions. “Come outside for a second” He said before walking away from my chair and walking towards the classroom door. He held the door open for me and allowed me to walk into the hallway before him. “What’s with the red mark on your cheek?” He said.

“What red mark?” I said trying to cover it up.

“Don’t play games with me Hayden” He said looking up at me but this time his eyes seemed empty.

“Well urm...” I started to stutter. I didn’t like being put in the spotlight. “Well... Amber shoved me against the glass door in the hall and threatened me saying that I wouldn’t get away with flirting with Jackson before Christmas” I said whilst looking down at the floor throughout the whole little speech. I heard Jake take a deep breath.

“Why are you letting them do this to you?” He asked with a hint of coldness in his voice.

“What am I supposed to do?” I said raising my voice a little. “All of the football team and the cheerleaders bully me. What is Mr Green supposed to do?... suspend them all. Like that will happen” I said to him whilst looking him in the eyes. He seemed to calm down a little bit but not a lot.

“Hayden I can’t stand by and watch you get bullied... I’m your teacher I should report things like this” He said whilst rubbing his hand over his forehead.

“Ye but you’re my friend as well... If I tell on them all don’t you think the bullying will get worse?” I whispered to him. He shook his head.

“I don’t know what to do” He said. I put my head down for a while. “Come on” He said nodding back towards the classroom door. I followed behind him and walked straight to my seat whilst feeling Amber watch my every step. I sat down and could still feel her glare. I read through the work and started to work on the exercises. The bell for break rang and everyone started to pile out of the room except me and Becki seeing as we always stay in Jake’s room at break and lunch. Jake stood up from his desk and walked towards our desk. He sat on the desk facing us whilst I finished off the exercises.