Chapter 38 - You're Wrong, Herobrine....

Start from the beginning

"Pewds, shush!  Geez, Seto did his best!"

"Sorry, Jess...."

"Guys, seriously?  This is not the time to be arguing about this!"

I shook my head a bit, my fuzzy vision clearing enough so that I could see what the heck was happening in front of me.

12 spirits floated in front of Herobrine, blocking the way to my friends.

...The 12 spirits who died here....

Or, uh, well, the 10 who died here and the 2 who came from 2 of the 10....

Ty, Crainer, Ian, Pewds, Mark, Jess, Jin, Seto, Ross, Derp, V-Crainer, and Nick.

Herobrine looked slightly startled.  "Um...ok...?  If you'll all excuse me, I've got some people to murder...."

"Heh, you're funny.  No."  Derp said bluntly.

"You've become far too strong and cannot be controlled by Becca.  That makes you a threat."  V-Crainer said with arms crossed.

"Or...a glitch of the mind."  Ross added.

"Ooor just something we can beat into a pulp and then destroy."  Mark stated with a grin.

All the spirits looked at him weird.  "Bro, chillax.  Geez."  Pewds whispered a little loudly.

Seto facepalmed.  "For Notch's sake, guys...."

Herobrine made a move to just go around them, but, freakily, the spirits all looked to him swiftly as one and then disappeared, reappearing in a largish circle around us.  Us being me and Herobrine, by the way.

"Ok, Herobrine, I don't think you understood my friends'...err...strange ways of telling you this, but you're not murdering anyone anymore."  Seto said with a glare.

Herobrine scoffed.  "And what are a bunch of ghosts like you gonna do about that?  Lecture me to death?  Threaten me to death?"

"Technically we're spirits.  Spirits have the emotions and character of the person who died whereas ghosts are just the physical looks of the person."  Ross corrected.

My friends all snickered.  "Burrrrn~"  Aura giggled.

She then yelped and a grimace replaced the small grin on her face.  "You.  Shut up."  Herobrine growled.

"Uh...ok, back to the problem at hand, Herobrine, first off, release Becca."

"First off, how about you all get out of my way?  You haven't done anything except float there."

Seto sighed.  "Well, I don't know why I was hoping this would go smoother...you are the evil god of the Nether....  Jess, get Becca.  Pewds, Mark, Ian, Crainer, Jin, Nick, get spark out safely.  The rest of you, help me send Herobrine back to where he belongs."

Herobrine growled and proceeded to put a small shield around us, but the spirits penetrated it easily.

Jess "grabbed" me out of Herobrine's grasp as the rest seemed to merge themselves...into Herobrine?

Jess placed me on the edge of the table as I watched Herobrine's half-made shield disappear and my friends fall the block and a half or so to the ground.  Herobrine's eyes flared an even brighter white than before and he yelled, falling to the ground, clutching his head.

"Becca!"  My friends exclaimed, running over.

"Are you alright?"  Jess asked.

I rubbed my head a bit.  Y-Yeah...  W-Why did you guys come back?

"As you might've heard us say, Herobrine has become too powerful for you, and we cannot allow that.  It did take us a bit longer than it probably should've to get here, but that's life.  Or plot."

Probably plot.

We heard a small yelp and looked over to see a small body form next to Herobrine.

A pup body.

"spark!"  Aura exclaimed, running over and picking up the small body, bringing her over to the rest of the group and setting her on the table next to me.

spark shook her head and sat up, looking around.  She yipped a little.  "'Ok, yeah, I wanted to be evil, but geez!'"

I facepalmed.  spark, seriously?  Whatever, at least you're ok....

Herobrine's body contorted suddenly and then seemed to suck in on itself.

Weird.

"NO!!"  He yelled before disappearing, a single light being left behind.

The light floated towards us and formed into Seto.  "Sorry about that.  Our friends will see to it that he stays where he belongs.  Are you all ok?"

They all nodded, and I started to, but then...a warm yet saddening feeling came over me.

I...I think I'm ready....

All my friends looked at me weird.  "What do you mean?"  Kit asked.

I...I'm ready to...to....

...say goodbye....