Chapter 21 - We're Getting WHAT?!

Object's POV

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, sitting up.

I had maneuvered my hands down my backside under my legs to the front a while ago.  How long a while was, I dunno.

That was a lot of prepositional phrases....

I pushed myself up off the floor and went over to the bars, grabbing them and looking through.  "Cass?"

"Yeah?"

I sighed.  "So you're awake, too...."

She sighed too.  "Yeah....  How long hassssss it been?  It'ssssss felt like dayssssss...."

"I dunno....  No one has come down here besides a cop dude to give us some food and water....  Speaking of, doesn't he usually come down now?"

"Yeessssssh, already getting into the routine of prisssssson life?"  Cassia asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and sat down, leaning back against the bars.  "Nah, it's just that around when I wake up, he comes.  It's been a couple times, so...I guess it's been a couple days?"

I moved over to the wall connecting to the bars and leaned against that so I could look at Cassia.

"I ssssssupposssssse....  Object, do you think that our clonessssss have killed anyone whilsssssst we've been in here?"

"I doubt it.  They seem to have an eerie way of knowing things.  If I were them, which, I guess technically I am yet not, if I knew my clones who I wanted to die were here, I wouldn't kill anyone else until they were...executed....  Oh no...."  I trailed off.

"You don't sssssserioussssssly think they'll execute ussssss, right?!  Like, Quentin will ssssssave ussssss, right?!"

"I...I don't know...."  I whispered.

Quentin probably won't be able to save us....  If they wouldn't listen to him before, him trying to protect us might have them thinking that he's on...well, our evil clones' side, but they'll think our side.  He'll get put in this position....

"I don't think Quentin will be able to save us....  Our best bet at this moment is for Ashley to come save us, but...I don't know how long it will take her to recover...."

"Or how long away our probable execution issssss...."

I ran my hands through my hair.  "This is bad...this is really bad...."

Cassia suddenly stood up.  I looked to her confused.  "You might wanna back up."

It took me a second to realize what she was gonna do.  "Cass, that's a terrible idea!"

"Object, we can't afford to sssssstay here much longer, much MUCH lesssssss dying here!"

I sighed and rolled away from the bars before standing up.  "I hope this doesn't get us too much worse off...."

Cassia took a deep breath before blowing fire at the bars.  I winced at the bright light but watched in slight awe as the bars started to melt away.  My bars were starting to melt a tiny bit from the heat.

After about a minute, Cassia stepped through the melted bars, blowing a little fire onto the chain of her cuffs, melting them.  She pulled her hands apart, snapping the weakened chains.

"Ok, sssssstep to the sssssside a bit more."

I did so and watched as she started to melt my bars.

"HEY!"

My eyes widened.

Of ALL freaking times for them to choose to come in....  Just...why...?