Chapter 18 - And...We're Off!

Known's POV

I sighed deeply, getting off the bed.

Well, today was the day.

I go and find spark.

Aaaand probably save her.

Ashley was still healing, so I doubt she'll get to Flora City anytime soon.

Kit...well, she wasn't too bad off from the fight, so she will probably leave not too long after me.

Though not too long is a relative term....

I went down to the kitchen to grab breakfast before heading out.

:Morning, Known.:  Sub said as he ate his breakfast.

Yeah...he can talk while eating at the same time without making a mess.  Lucky.

I smiled slightly.  "Hey, Sub."

:So...you're out to get your friend back?:

I nodded.  "Just need to get something to eat before heading out."

I went into the kitchen to see Velloa cleaning the stove.  She turned to me.  "Oh, hi, Known!  Here, I made you a plate already."

She handed me a plate with eggs and bacon.

Yay, stereotypical breakfast!

I went back to the dining room to see Kit and Ashley walk in.  Ashley was limping, but she was doing much better.

I sat down, smiling at my friends.  "Mornin'!"

Kit waved and Ashley smiled before heading into the kitchen.

:Hey, Known....:

I looked over at Sub.  "Yeah?"

:...How is Sky?  I haven't seen him in a while....  I know he's currently under the influence of Herobrine, but....:  He trailed off.

I took a bit of egg and shrugged.  "As far as I could tell, he looked ok.  Then again, you slightly answered your own question.  I don't know how Sky is doing entirely."

Kit and Ashley came back in with their food and sat down.  "So, you're heading out to spark?"  Kit asked.

"spark and Aura."  I corrected.  "She may be...dead...but Becca said she could save Aura."

Kit nodded.  "I'll probably head out tomorrow.  My wings are achy, but I'm using them a bit today so they're ready for tomorrow."

Velloa walked in with a plate as Ashley sighed.  "It'll probably be a few days for me.  My wings hurt when I move them too much."

:Stay as long as you need.  We don't particularly have anywhere to be.:

Velloa nodded.  "Remember, I have a high education in mechanics and biology.  If you need anything particular in machinery, I can probably get it for you."

"I think I'm good."

"Same."

"I'll keep that in mind."  Ashley said.

I finished my food and stood, taking the dishes back to the kitchen and then coming back.

"I'm heading out."

Kit stood and came up to me, hugging me.  "Be careful, ok?  We already lost someone."

I chuckled and pulled back.  "I'll try, Kit.  Y'all stay safe, too."

They all nodded.

I turned and left the mansion.

I stretched my wings, yawning.