Chapter 17 - Paranoia To The Extreme

Cassia's POV

Once me and Object disconnected, I sighed.  "Sssssso...Asssssshley will come find ussssss once sssssshe's healed.  Until then, we need to figure out a plan to fight our evil clonessssss."

"That'll be kinda hard, though.  "Object pointed out.  "Anything we think up, they'll probably think it up, too.  They are us, just...evil and loyal to Herobrine."

"And...well, they looked EXACTLY like you guys."  Quentin said, looking between us.  "In just the wrong situation, they could mix themselves up with you two and try to be you."

"And they know everything we do up to the point where we got sssssseparated from our friendssssss."

Quentin stood up.  "Well, we should probably get you guys some weapons, huh?"

I shook my head.  "I got my fire.  At worsssssst, I won't be able to usssssse it againsssssst mysssssself.  Uh, evil sssssself.  Not ssssssure if I'm fireproof.  I don't wanna check, either."

Object chuckled and Quentin gave a small smile.  "Come on.  You'll need to stick close to me if you don't wanna get arrested.  I need to inform the police that...you two are...safe...."  He trailed off.

"Yeahhh...and then our evil clones come in and wreck everyone cuz everyone thinks we're good...."

He shook his head.  "Just stick close to me."

We nodded and he left the room.  We followed suit, walking down the stairs.  Object tripped a little on the last few steps, but we made it out fine.

Well...out of the building.  Outside...well, I didn't expect the best.

Quentin strode by the crowd that had gathered outside the apartment building.  Many were giving us angry glares or frightened looks.

Someone actually threw an apple at us.  Since it was Minecraft-based, I caught it easily.  I watched as it turned normal.  Well, normal for me.

I looked out to see that it was a young teenage boy who had thrown it.  He looked angry.

"One ssssssec, Quentin."

He paused, looking at me confused.  So did Object.

"Excusssssse me...."  I muttered multiple times.

People parted hesitantly.  The boy's angry face turned scared and he turned away.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, and he froze before turning back and looking at me.

I chuckled slightly.  "Nice throw, though I don't think you sssssshould be ussssssing an apple.  That'ssssss a wasssssste of good fruit.  Here."

I placed the apple in his hand and turned away, walking back to Quentin and Object.  They looked at me weirdly before continuing.

Eventually, we got out of the crowd and onto less crowded paths.  People still gave us looks, but no one threw anything else, thankfully.

We eventually arrived at what looked to be a police station.

Quentin looked back at us.  "You might want to stay quiet for the time being.  These men have been...rather jumpy since you two...uh, your clones started killing people.  They don't know what happened out there, so seeing me alone with you might stir up some crap."

We nodded and he sighed, pushing open the door.

There was a man sitting at the desk.  He looked up.  "Oh, hey, Quen----"

He froze when he saw us.

He then stood up and pulled a gun.

Quentin took a step to the side to block us.  "Woah, woah, woah.  Chill, Brax.  They're with me."